Fave wipes and fave diaper sprayer?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you have favorite cloth wipes? What do you think is the best diaper sprayer (and by best I mean "easiest to install"... just kidding... kind of)?

Thanks!

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

#2 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 03:20 PM

My favorite wipes are the 8x8 inch size and flannel on one side, with sherpa or velour on the back. If I had to pick just one, it would likely be sherpa.

I have installed one of these diaper sprayers with a friend and it was very easy. No leaks, either, which was important.

http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...oducts_id=1228

Jennifer
#3 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Jennifer! I thought about ordering some 5x8 "travel size" wipes to fit in travel containers for when we're on the go.

Thanks for the tip about the sherpa! I was looking at some on hyenacart that are sherpa on one side and velour on the other. What do you like about flannel vs. velour (is it softer, does it clean better, etc.)?

And thanks for the recommendation on the BG diaper sprayer. I'm looking at that one, the FuzziBunz one, and the Potty Pail one. My sister said she just uses the shower sprayer because her shower is right next to the toilet... and I thought about this too, but we'd have to replace the showerhead (which I've been wanting to anyway). The problem with that, though, is that I wouldn't be able to control the flow one-handed like I could with the diaper sprayer. I'd have to turn the shower on, blah blah blah.

Beth

#4 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 05:17 PM

I have this sprayer http://www.abbyslane.com/catalog.php...category%3D497

it installed really easily (did it by myself actually) and I have no issues.

I hate flannel for wipes. I'm a sherpa girl myself. I feel that flannel is too rough although the vast majority of people do seem to like it. Sherpa is so soft and it is absorbent as well so I can use the wipes as a doubler in a pinch. I only go for 100% cotton sherpa though. None with polyester in it (which is cheaper and more common.) Velour is okay but I'd rather have a soft cotton terry I think if sherpa weren't an option.
#5 of 6 Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have these wipes, and love them:

http://www.bottoms-up-baby.com/

They come as a kit, but if you're crafty and have time, they'd be pretty easy to DIY.

I like the terrycloth because they are a bit rough and can really wipe up caked-on messes. I also use them for DS's hands, face, etc...

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#6 of 6 Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. View Post
I have these wipes, and love them:

http://www.bottoms-up-baby.com/

They come as a kit, but if you're crafty and have time, they'd be pretty easy to DIY.

I like the terrycloth because they are a bit rough and can really wipe up caked-on messes. I also use them for DS's hands, face, etc...
That's really cute!

Beth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page