Inserts for Happy Hempys at night time? I am about to ditch cloth at night. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious what everyone uses, because right now I have DD (16 mo, 33" tall, 24.5 lbs) in a large HH stuffed with a Super Do insert, under a Dancing Bears fleece size medium soaker. It is HUGE, the diaper is too wide, and it is driving me nuts. It doesn't leak, it's just so...annoying...the way it fits her. The HH rise seems too short, and the tabs are so long. The Super Do is wiiiiiiide and boxy. The babylegs I put on her (because no PJ bottoms fit) make marks on her thighs, or they roll down and she gets cold thighs.

Are there anything I can stuff with that isn't so huge and wide? Every night DH gets her ready for bed he uses an Earth's Best sposie. And right now, he seems to be winning the battle in terms of what fits best and is easiest. I don't love the idea of using a sposie at night, but I gotta say, my cloth is just right now for nights.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#2 of 6 Old 10-27-2010, 11:47 PM

We use fuzzibunz with a microfleece liner and a doubler and so far so good. I did start adding a wool cover because of a few leaks

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#3 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 03:07 AM

We stuff our HH with 2 trifold Infant pfs, a hemparoo and a loopy do, but we need a ton of absorbency.

For a cover and the cold legs, we use babyology longies. You might need to size up if the dipe is really bulky.

When i put it on him, i have to make sure i get it on properly... Its really easy to give him plumbers crack.

And you may just need to adjust your expectations on fit. My guy wears a lot of his cloth low cut. So long as it covers his crack and his penis, i'm fine. Right now we're in sposies for medical reasons, and those things seem to come halfway up his torso. It's a completely different fit.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#4 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 03:28 AM

I use a brown edge GMD prefold with a couple of hemp doublers under an Imse Vimse wool cover. Leaks are very uncommon, and I have no problem fitting him into jammies.

It looks like he is exactly the same size and age as your LO. What size/kind of PJ's are you using? We've have the best luck with Carters and Hannah Andersson (size 18mo and 80 respectively...both one piece).

ETA: The 18mo are getting a little short...but if they're not footies than that is not an issue.
#5 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 AM

We use 2 brown edged GMD prefolds with a flat or MF in between under a Disana wool cover. It is a bit bulky but going up a size in footie PJs fixed the no-PJs-fitting problem. So, my 27 pounds/33 inch 16 month old is wearing a 3T Carters sleeper and my 32 pound/27 inch 2.5 year old is wearing a 4T.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#6 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 01:41 PM

We stuff ours w/ a Joeybunz Premium (it's contoured, so not as bulky in the middle) and a smaller hemp jersey doubler (don't know the brand, but it's probably 12" x 4"). We do use a Dancing Bears cover and Babylegs, but I've also put Old Navy fleece pants over it without a problem.

DD 2/28/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page