Gross, pasty poo. This could be the end of my CD career! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-29-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After happily cloth diapering my last couple babies and this one for the past year, my one year old son has begun to produce the stickiest, pastiest, sloppiest poo I have seen in my life. It doesn't swish off the diaper with a swish around the toilet bowl, and I'm really not likely to get a spatula and start scraping at it... :Puke. In desperation I bought a bag of disposables last week and enjoyed not having to strategize every time my baby took a crap in the days that followed, but I'm running low on 'sposies and I hate to buy more. My cloth dipes are mostly motherease one size and sandy's, and other than the poo sticking to them like crazy, I have no complaints.

Any advice? Should I just wait this out and start up with cloth once his poops firm up a little? What do you think?

Thanks!
#2 of 9 Old 10-29-2010, 09:09 PM

Diaper sprayer or flushable liners.

If its not chunky though, you can just toss them in the washer. Its only the chunks that create a problem in the washer.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#3 of 9 Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 PM

we use flushable liners.

(just remind yourself - poop is not supposed to go in the garbage - you're supposed to be flushing it before you put the sposie in the garbage. Human waste belongs in a sewer... )

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#4 of 9 Old 10-31-2010, 11:51 PM

I've been strategically timing his diapers, figured out when he poos, and put a sposie on him FOR THE VERY SAME REASON. I'm so not into CDing at this stage.

My typical day, his overnight diaper gets changed into a sposie, he poops within an hour of waking, changed into a CD, then maybe again a bit later, afternoon he goes back into a sposie because he usually poops again, then into a CD. I know it's not what I planned but it's what works for me.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#5 of 9 Old 11-01-2010, 10:47 AM

We went for the flushable liners. Once in a while, the poo escapes the liner and it is still a big mess, but for the most part, they work wonders!
#6 of 9 Old 11-13-2010, 09:12 PM

I do what some of y'all do, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

I cloth diaper almost full-time, but I will occasionally use of 'sposie under a diaper cover for nighttime, and since my daughter is so regular and poops every morning after her morning feeding, I'll put her in a 'sposie before the morning feeding. After that, we CD all day. So we generally use one 'sposie a day, and the rest is cloth. Works for us. :)

caffix.gif
#7 of 9 Old 11-13-2010, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ds's poop is almost always like this.  About 90% of the time he poops right after his morning feed, so we sit him on a little potty to do his business.  I've been doing this since he was about 4 months.  He is 15 months now.  It really is a much easier clean up that way.  If he doesn't poop on his potty in the morning I'll put a flushable liner in his diaper.  Sometimes if I catch him squatting down and grunting I can get him on the potty before he goes, as the liner doesn't always catch everything. 

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#8 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 04:47 PM

Another vote for flush-able liners or just put the kid on the toilet if he has a consistent poop schedule innocent.gif    I cannot imagine attempting to spray off what OP is describing crap.gif

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#9 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 AM

unless it and easy dump poop for us i just put it in the wash bucket with everything else and into the mchine it goes.. i do a cold rinse first to loosen anything and wash stuff away... wourks like a charm and no swishing

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page