recs for wetbags? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-30-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Trying to decide what kind of wetbag to get...my first baby is due in 5ish weeks and I want to CD from the beginning.

I know I need a large wetbag for dirty dipes at home. I think I'd rather have something that hangs instead of a pail liner. Two I'm considering are the Fuzzibunz hanging diaper pail and Bum Essentials bum bag in large size.

Also need a wetbag for travel...zipper or velcro? What size should I get? The Planet Wise bags look nice and the bum bag also comes in a travel size.

Which one do I take to the hospital for right after birth? We will probably be there 2 days and will be using prefolds/fitteds and covers.

Suggestions please!

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 10-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All I have are Planet Wise; picked those because of the good reviews and because they zipper. I use the large size wet bag (not wet/dry combo) for a diaper pail. It has a hanging loop but I just set it in the corner next to my washer. Holds in smell and wet perfectly. Right now it keeps 2 days worth of toddler diapers easily, could probably squish in a 3rd day if I had to. Soon I will have newborn's diapers also so I bought a second one. Also have the medium for the diaper bag and a small for a very quick trip. The small really only holds one toddler diaper well but would probably fit two newborn or small diapers. I got all of the from Nicki's Diapers where they are free shipping.

Hope this helps,
Theresa
#3 of 11 Old 10-30-2010, 05:18 PM

I like Leslie's Boutique wet bags. We have one of her bigger ones (XL 15x30) for travel (more than 1 overnight) & really like it. We also have a few of her med sized ones (13x15) to use in the diaper bag. They have this little piece of fabric inside that you can put a drop of tea tree oil on to control the smell. The big one we have holds about 1 wash load & the smaller diaper bag ones hold about 3 one size diapers. It says they hold a lot more, but I don't like a stuffed wet bag.

http://www.clothdiapersuperstore.com/category_s/170.htm

they can be a bit pricier than some others, but most of ours we've had for 2+ yrs & they still look & work great!

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

#4 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM

I prefer zipper wetbags to velcro. They are faster/easier to close (just my opinion) and if you have velcro closures on your diapers, they can get snagged on a velcro closing wetbag.

I adore the Happy Tushies wetbags. Hope has been making them for years, and I have one that's been through both of my girls, plus one child of a friend, and it's still holding up well. She has retailers, but also a huge gallery of prints you can choose from on her own site.

Jennifer
#5 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 05:00 PM

i just found these: weehuggers wet bag

and i thought "what a lovely idea!" sometimes it's so very awkward to carry a wet bag on the go.

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

#6 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 05:04 PM

We have these with the draw string.
Love them and would buy again if I needed more.
http://www.amazon.com/Kushies-Wet-Ba.../dp/B0029DPGDW

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#7 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 PM

I've just recently been using the planetwise (nickisdiapers.com) and monkey foot designs (http://www.monkeyfootdesigns.com/) wet bag. I prefer the MFD to the PW - it has a sturdier zipper - easier to open - and the bag drains the water on its own after it is washed where as the PW retained a lot of water after washing and took longer and more effort to figure out how to get the water out before hanging it to dry. HTH
#8 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoping42 View Post
I've just recently been using the planetwise (nickisdiapers.com) and monkey foot designs (http://www.monkeyfootdesigns.com/) wet bag. I prefer the MFD to the PW - it has a sturdier zipper - easier to open - and the bag drains the water on its own after it is washed where as the PW retained a lot of water after washing and took longer and more effort to figure out how to get the water out before hanging it to dry. HTH
Oh wow, those MFD's are gorgeous. I don't need anymore, but I'm tempted to grab a couple of those because they're so pretty.

*OT* Does anybody know who designs the fabric those wet bags are made from? I would like to buy some.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#9 of 11 Old 11-04-2010, 03:01 PM

http://www.wahmies.com/pages/wetbags.php

I have the blue with brown polka dots. I bought all three sizes and they are super handy.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#10 of 11 Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM

I love mine from http://hyenacart.com/lovingtouchwetbags/

lady.gifLacey, wife to an emerging author notes.gif,  mama to whistling.gif(6),bikenew.gif(4),  angel1.gif our Angel Faith born to Heaven April 2013 & Expecting our Rainbow Baby #4 July 2014 luxlove.gif 
#11 of 11 Old 11-05-2010, 04:23 PM

Just want to second the Monkey Foot Designs! I have two in different sizes and I love them. The seams of the inner layer are sealed!! And they're incredible cute. I'd also love to get their fabric source.

DD 2/28/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page