Night time diaper solution for a 3 year old heavy wetter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Right now, I am using a Very Baby One Size Fitted diaper made by Blue Lake Diapers in hemp.  I have the long insert folded over, the smaller insert folded over in the "wet zone" and then the fleece covered liner on top.  LOTS of layers here.  I put a SBish cover over it all (the old style wool interlock).

We have leaks by morning.  This is crazy!  This child pees like no other and his diaper is so huge!  The diaper is completely soaked, almost dripping.  This has been my magic bullet for 2 years now and I really don't want to use sposies at night.  I am about to have #2, so waking DS up in the middle of the night for a diaper change is not appealing.  Also, he is showing zero interest in the potty. 

I need something that is not too all in one so it will dry in the dryer.  DS is about 33 pounds.  Oh, and must be snaps. Velcro is too much fun to pull off himself.

He pees through a regular Pampers pullup diaper (we tried to see if this would help).  Lots of bed changes.  Then, the Huggies night time pullup seems to work, but that is a heck of a lot of gel chemicals in that area that I want to avoid.

Any thoughts? 

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif

User Tag List