Things to make me go "hmm' - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-02-2010, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm recovering from surgery and so other people are taking my kids to school and picking them up, so I'm not seeing the daycare ladies at all.

3 days in a row they've sent a note saying DD2 went through 2 diapers (don't panic, it's only a half-day program ;) ), but I've only gotten 1 diaper back in the wet bag.

I'm wondering if maybe they're changing her out of cloth into a disposable for the first diaper change of the day, then back into cloth for the second diaper change.

If that's the case, then I don't know whether to be upset that I can no longer say my baby has never worn a disposable diaper, or grateful since they're probably genuinely trying to help me cut down on laundry, and they aren't charging me extra.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#2 of 6 Old 12-03-2010, 07:41 AM

I think it would bother me a little, only because I refuse to use sposies at all, and don't want them touching my DD's skin. I don't know if that is the case with you, so personally I'd handle the situation based upon how you truly feel about it. If they are trying to save you from doing extra laundry (which is obviously very kind and thoughtful), do you care about the extra laundry? Does it really create that much more laundry if they use two CDs instead of just one? If that doesn't really matter to you, then you could politely let them know that you would really prefer that they use only the cloth diapers because you simply don't want your LO wearing disposables. If it does create more laundry for you, and you need to take a partial break from CDing, then I suppose you could simply allow them to keep using the disposables and/or thank them for saving you laundry! :)

And I hope you are recovering quickly and easily, mama!

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
#3 of 6 Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the good wishes! I'm just...iffy about how I feel. I mean, I do think it's gross for the baby's skin to touch sposies, and it doesn't make any difference in my workload to wash one AIO per day vs. two. But if she's already worn disposables then my "baby has never been in a sposie" pride is already gone, and it may be that their reason is that her poop has been gross lately and they don't want to deal with it. Which, if that is the case, since they are wonderful in every other way, I should probably just not say anything.

#4 of 6 Old 12-03-2010, 10:53 AM

My daycare provider has been doing this, too.  I don't mind, we used sposies during vacation this summer.  Usually, when she does this, I don't even have to wash the wetbag.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#5 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

I totally caught them!! I sent her to school this morning with 4 clean diapers in the bag, but I forgot the extra outfit because my SIL took it out over the weekend and I forgot to put it back. Well, of course that was the ONE day all year she had a poopy blowout, but fortunately they had some extra clothes they sent her home in. I opened the diaper bag and found three clean diapers, one diaper that was only wet, and some poopy clothes. NO poopy diaper! It must have been a disposable she had a blowout in. Can I feel a little smug about that, please?

#6 of 6 Old 01-19-2011, 01:26 PM

Oh, you can certainly be smug! Personally, I would say something about it next time you go to drop off/pick up your daughter. If they initially told you that they would cloth diaper your daughter, then they should do it! And it's showing some disrespect towards your preferences regarding what does and does not touch your daughter's skin.

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page