is this a problem with cheap diapers, or am I doing something wrong? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I usually use prefolds and thirsties covers, but now that my baby is getting squirmy I tried a pocket diaper. I tried the Babyland one off of ebay, which I know is a cheap knock off.  I love that they are soft and fast to put on. But, almost every time I use it it leaks. It leaks at the leg opening. The binding around the legs is wet and wicks onto her pants. Is this because it is a poorly made diaper?  Or is it because of my hard water? Although it did this the second time I used it, and has done it right after stripping too. I wouldn't think buildup could be a problem after washing just once!  Any thoughts?  I use Kirkland Environmentally Friendly detergent and have hard water. I usually use some washing soda in the wash, but didn't the last time I washed. I do an extra rinse with vinegar. 

Katie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 08:38 PM

I don't know if it is a cheap diaper thing as I have never used them.  I will say it is similar to what I have happen when I use Happy Heiny's.  Sometimes the way the legs are sewn some of the microfleece is on the outside and comes into contact with the clothes and it wicks here and leaks.  It drives me nuts. That said, not all diapers fit all babies the same way.  You may need to try a different diaper if you don't think the fit is right,

Jenn

Earthycrunchymama.com

Jenn
Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mom to Cole, 3, and Max 6 months
earthycrunchymama.com
Old 12-31-2010, 02:22 AM

I have a lot of cheap diapers off of ebay and none of them have leaked even once! I bought mine from Grape-apple. They say they are fancyqube brand. I have never tried babyland diapers though.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM

Its possible you just got a bad diaper. I don't know anything about that brand though.  It shouldn't leak like that.

Harmony, mom of dd (14), ds (11), ds (4) and having #4 in June
Old 05-28-2012, 06:42 PM

I have the babyland ones and they havent leaked for us..... maybe they just arent fitting right???

Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 AM

I have glowbugs and had a few leaks in the beginning. Here is what happened:
1: each diaper came with two inserts and one wasn't enough for heavy wetting DD. once I started using both inserts, most leaks stopped. Maybe try a doubler or booster or even a flat or prefold to boost absorbency and see if that helps.
2: I had one diaper in the bunch that had a faulty leg gusset. All the boosters couldn't help that problem and I got the diaper replaced under warranty. Is it possible that yours is defective? Can you contact the vendor or maybe the diaper company directly to see if the way the fleece is sown is faulty? If you don't get anywhere, I'd put it down to bad service and a poorly made item.
Since I started using two inserts and replaced my faulty diap I have had no leaks with glow bugs. If you're on the market for cheap pockets, some people also swear by kawaii but some aren't as happy with them

Tags
Cloth Diapers
User Tag List