Sew Flats - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Could you fold your flat into the preferred fold and then sew just one line to prevent it from coming undone (and not have to keep folding it)??  I was hoping it would hold it in place but since only one seam would be done it would allow it to still dry quickly. duh.gif

#2 of 5 Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

I was just hoping for a "yah, that might work" or "no you idiot because..." anyone?

#3 of 5 Old 01-20-2011, 09:34 PM

I'm pretty sure you can fold, sew, make the diaper any number of ways. I sewed about 40 diapers for my daughter out of old receiving blankets, towels & clothes & stuff...my husband fondly called them the "crap rags". 

#4 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 05:07 PM

I always thought about doing that when my youngest was in diapers.  I thought I could just sew up the middle of an origami fold and I wouldn't have to fold it every time.  But then I figured it wouldn't dry as quickly, and since that was the reason I used flats to begin with, I decided against it.  I also enjoyed folding it, but that is just me.

Give it a shot with one diaper, try it for a few days.  It's as simple as ripping out the seam if you don't like it.  Let us know how it goes.  You also might get better responses in the diaper making forum,

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#5 of 5 Old 01-23-2011, 05:31 PM

That really defeats the purpose of a flat... I wouldnt do it at all...but too answer your question yes im sure it would work fine

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page