Talk to me about Fuzzibunz OS - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-05-2011, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's been a few years since I've been part of the CD world (my "baby" will be 5 when my new LO arrives at the end of summer) and a few things have changed. I loved Fuzzibunz the last time around, but had them in sizes. Now there are these one-size deals, and I'm curious.

Yes, I've read up on them at FB's site, but I want to hear real-world testimonials. Just how well do they live up to the hype? Are they too bulky for small babes? Do they get stripped/leaky after such prolonged use?

They seem to be a very good value, but only if they are as useful as their lifespan, kwim? I look forward to hearing about your experiences!!

#2 of 7 Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

LOVE THEM!  You can adjust the size of the waist and the legs so they fit everyone really well.  This is huge for us b/c we never had average-thighed babies.  They are very trim, and the snaps last forever.  You get 2 full-thickness inserts (one small, one large) so you can use them together at night for a heavy wetter.  You also get a full set of replacement elastic so they can be like new after a few years.  We have had a set of 20 of them that have been in daily use for 1.5 years and they are still great!  They are the majority of my stash for 2 kids and they are by far my favorite diaper.  You can get them on a baby after their cord falls off b/c they adjust so tiny (though they'll be bulky then like any OS.)  We have always had great luck with FB.  Our first set of sized FB lasted for 3 kids and then were still perfect for resale.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#3 of 7 Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Just noticed you're in Pittsburgh.  So am I.  Do we know each other?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#4 of 7 Old 01-05-2011, 05:59 AM

I don't like my FB OS too much. They are cute and easy, a good deal, yes. But they were too big for my babe for about 8 weeks and no matter what setting we have them on, they leak.  They leaked from the beginning following manufacturer's laundering directions. Also, even now that they "fit" they are so bulky my dd is less active in them. For a while she wouldn't even roll over in them, as she couldn't seem to get over the "hump" of bumpy dipe. It's better now, but we don't put her to bed in them because I don't want a wet bed.

#5 of 7 Old 01-05-2011, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Our OS leak too.  We have a stash of about 18 of the fitted ones that I love and have zero complaints with, but I don't love the OS.  I've actually taken them out of the stash and let DD use them on her dolls.  They are cute and trim and a great idea, but they leak. 

ETA:  We bought our fitted ones off CL and got them for super cheap.  I highly recommend doing that so long as you can trust that they were washed according to FB directions. 

Congrats on your babe ... and happy cloth diapering!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#6 of 7 Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

@galatea: I don't think we know each other yet, but it may happen soon! :D 

#7 of 7 Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 AM

We love ours! We were using the sized (Mediums) for the first 6 months of our CDing experience, and then acquired 12 of the OS, and I actually prefer them now to the Mediums. The crotch is very trim which is great for newborns because there is less bulk between the legs, and great for toddlers because they'll be able to move around more easily without feeling chafed. They are very well made and are SUPER adjustable. As Galatea said, they'll be bulky on newborns for the first few weeks simply because there has to be enough material there to fit older children as well, but once your LO grows into them they're really trim. If you get the ones with the Joey Bunz hemp insert, they're even MORE trim (and more absorbent, and less prone to compression leaks). You will have to strip every so often, but you really should be doing that with any diaper anyhow. It's just a simple process to get any build-up out of the diapers to restore them to their original condition. We only get leaks if we need to strip. FBs are the majority of our stash for a reason!

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!

Tags
Fuzzibunz , Cloth Diapers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page