Please help me with my Kawaii sizing dilemma - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-10-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I wanted to hear some input from mamas who are experienced on cloth diapering.

I am looking at the Kawaii pocket diapers because of their great reviews and doable prize tags. They have their Pure and Natural pocket that goes from 0-15 mo (6-22 lb). (http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/pure-natural/)

The other options would be their One size pockets, that fit 8-36 lb.

(http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/one-size-snap-closure-aio-diap/)

My question for you: would you get the Pure and Natural to use right away after birth and worry about what's next when the baby gest over 22 lb., or would you use something else (what?) for the newborn stage until she hits those 8lb and chuncks up a bit?

Thanks so much!smile.gif

#2 of 4 Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM

I would choose something else for the beginning stage.  Whether that's KL0s, or PFs or whatever.  Infant PFs serve great later as stuffers for pockets, burp cloths, rags, etc.  At 15 mos, I'm still using both infant and preemie pfs daily.  Or KL0s can be resold for close to full price if you take good care of them, since they're used for so short a period. 

I'll also say that if you're going purely by weight, that's not accurate at all.  At 12 mos, my DS was 25 lbs, but could still fit into many of his Small dipes.  At 15 mos, he's almost 30 lbs, and some of my Med stash still doesn't fit him - it's all about shape. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#3 of 4 Old 01-10-2011, 04:12 PM

I'd either get those smaller Pure & Natural diapers for the beginning, or I've also heard that the Sunbaby diapers tend to run small and often fit right from newborn (they are another cheap pocket diaper).  I seem to recall that the Kawaii don't really fit till 10 lbs or so anyway.

#4 of 4 Old 01-10-2011, 05:24 PM

I'd get the Kawaii OS, and use fitteds until they fit. I have the kawaii OS (the black ones, with the suedecloth inner), and like them. The leg fit isn't as good as the Swaddlebees OS I have, but I've never had a leak in them. They are our going out diapers, and sometimes after a pee, they still feel completely dry.

For fitteds, you might check out tiny tush OS fitteds. I didn't have them when he was a nb, so I don't know how well they work on them. I also liked KL0's, but he outgrew them really young. I had good luck buying used nb/small fitteds on diaperswappers.com. They don't get worn that long, so you have a great shot at getting some in really good shape.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page