tired of pullups, please recommend cloth training pants - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD1 was CDd and at one point because i was pregnant or whatever.. she got put into pullups for the night.  she has the occasional accident if i don't get her up and i'm unwilling to just put her in underpants and risk it because we cosleep and getting everyone up to change the sheet is just too big of a deal.

I'd like some all cotton ones that I can put a waterproof cover on. 

are these potty patty ones the standard with this?  or gerber ones?  englighten me oh wise mamas!

#2 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post

DD1 was CDd and at one point because i was pregnant or whatever.. she got put into pullups for the night.  she has the occasional accident if i don't get her up and i'm unwilling to just put her in underpants and risk it because we cosleep and getting everyone up to change the sheet is just too big of a deal.

I'd like some all cotton ones that I can put a waterproof cover on. 

are these potty patty ones the standard with this?  or gerber ones?  englighten me oh wise mamas!

You don't say how old your DD is. My kids wear Mother-ease bedwetting pants. But they don't really start until about 30 pounds even for the x-smalls. I have two almost-four-year-olds and a six-year-old who all wet at night, and these are our staple. They are an all-in-one pull-up design, with a PUL outer and a cotton inner, with a flap inside for faster drying. I would recommend them highly. They are very absorbent-- absorbent like a really absorbent diaper, but they FEEL wet when they're wet, which you don't get with disposables. If you're looking for just light training pants, without a waterproof layer, I can say that the Gerber ones are nice and cheap. They don't hold much, though-- a full bladder will soak these completely, and you will probably have leaks even with a cover. Most training pants are designed to not hold much. The pocket trainers are nice, though-- like Starbunz, or Happy Heiny, if you want something more absorbent. DD1 used to wear Starbunz when she was three and four years old, but they wore out after a few years.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#3 of 6 Old 01-15-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

oops!  She is just over 4, wearing the 4T/5T pullups, though they are a bit big on her. this was on purpose so she can get them down by herself.  she is somewhere around 45lbs, don't know exactly.

she also never leaks when she does have an accident so i haven't needed to worry about the absorbency.

#4 of 6 Old 01-15-2011, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

lurk.gif

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#5 of 6 Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

I'm thinking the training pants will do for us since she still fits into the largest size,  plus she never ever leaks out of a sposie pullup.  If she outgrows them, then we will move into the bedwetting pants.  I'm so happy those are available!

I'm looking at several training pants, motherease, bummis, and will check out the pocket ones too.  Plus, i think i need one of those waterproof pads...

#6 of 6 Old 01-15-2011, 05:10 PM

I think the ones at Hoot Hoot Baby are super-cute, but they're bamboo, not cotton.  They're not made to be absorbent, but if you're not concerned about absorbency, maybe they'd work.  I've never tried them, so I can't vouch for them, but I love the Hoot Hoot Baby diapers that we have and intend on using her training pants whenever we start working on potty learning (probably this summer)!

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page