Do you use a warmer with your cloth wipes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a nice stash of mama made cloth wipes. A friend of mine serged them up for me and now I am wondering should I get a warmer? I did not use a warmer with DD, but wish that I had sometimes so that her little bum would not get so cold during changes. I would love any thoughts on this, experience, etc. 

So what kind of warmer do you use? Do you like it? Any suggestions there? 

What kind of solution do you soak your wipes in for the warmer? 

TIA!

: blogging about life, beauty, crafting, healing, waldorf...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 PM

i have an old prince lionheart warmer (they have one for cloth now) and i just use it with our wipes being wet with water and thrown in there

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

#3 of 7 Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 PM

I did not use a warmer and don't plan to with this new babe that is coming.

My wipes solution is:

1 1/2 c water

2T bath wash (burts bees is my fav)

few shakes of tea tree oil

squirt of aloe vera gel (maybe 1 T)

same amount of burts bees apricot oil

That "dresses" my container of wipes, maybe 25 squares of flannel?

The addition of tea tree oil will help ward off any mildew, esp if you do use a warmer. You may even want to add a little more than I do.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#4 of 7 Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 AM

I do. I was given a hand me down warmer meant for sposie wipes. I just we our wipes with hot water and stick them in there.

I use the kissaluvs wipes solution. It's a concentrate that I make up in a small spray bottle. I give her bottom a little spray and then use a nice warm wipe to clean her up. Been doing this for 2 years with no problems.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#5 of 7 Old 02-01-2011, 11:49 PM

I didnt do cloth with DS. With DD I did and always wished I had bought a wipes warmer for her- especially in that tiny baby stage. It was winter and she would cry when they touched her skin. I didnt know you could put cloth ones in the warmers and they all seemed to come with something you had to keep replacing and Im not into that, so I never bought them. Also whenever I left wet wipes in a container even for a few hours they would smell mildewy and make my daughters bottom rashy. So I wasnt keen on buying the electric warmers.

For the next baby we have I plan to buy one of those urns. Its like a huge kettle for keeping a large amount of water warm or boiled- like in offices or at events and such when you need more capacity then a regular kettle. Its about 40cm tall and has a little tap. You can keep the water set at warm- and then just wet the wipes with the warm water as you need them. Then I dont have to fuss with a wipes warmer. Its perfect for us :). Either that or you can put the change station near a water source and just wet with the warm water. Our taps take a while to run warm so it wouldn't really work for us without waiting every time and wasting a lot of water in the process. 

#6 of 7 Old 02-02-2011, 05:02 AM

No wipes warmer. Just water in a peri bottle squirted onto the wipes and used that way. We have a wipes warmer that I used a few times for dd1's disposable wipes but just have not botherd using it with the cloth wipes. Mostly because I don't want to use a wipes solution just plain water so I worry about things growing in a nicely made warm wet area.

#7 of 7 Old 02-02-2011, 07:44 AM

I just wet a few wipes - enough to get me through the day or 2 days (I only use wipes for poop.) And stick them in an old huggies wipes container. I don't add anything else to them. It seems to work fine. I won't be bothering with a wipes warmer.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page