If you were going to buy a nighttime diaper... which one of these? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need to buy a couple of nighttime diapers to round out our stash.

At the moment we have one - a bamboo MEOS (which works excellently). I could just buy a couple more of these, but I like variety. So I'm thinking something hemp, or a different bamboo.

The hemp diapers I'm eyeing are AMP hemp fitted, Happy Hempy, and Sugar Peas fitted. The HH has the advantage that you can stuff to preference, but I don't love the Aplix - but maybe still the best choice?

Any thoughts? Or a different nighttime-rated bamboo?

TIA!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Keep looking at the Happy Hempy. Look in different shops. They recently came out w a OS version w snaps. This is the only dipe I'll use at night.

Even if you go w the velcro though, it's worth it, IMO. This is the only velcro dipe in my stash, just because it works so well.

If your babe is a heavy wetter, you may need to size up to accomodate the bulk.

I would reccomend the fleece inner - our smalls didnt have it and they got pretty rough after a while. I didnt like that against his butt.

ETA - i must use wool at night over the HH. Every single time i try a different combo (dipe/cover), I wind up w a wet bed.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 PM

FuzziBunz recently came out with a one size hemp. I have three of their regular one size diapers that I use for nighttime (double stuffed), and they're wonderful! If you haven't checked theirs out, you may want to. They use snaps, and the design is really cool for sizing. (You adjust the elastic in the waste and legs.) They're a little pricey, but I love this diaper for nights! 

Old 02-20-2011, 07:38 AM

I second FuzziBunz! I change my 16 month old DD at least once during the night because she still wakes up to nurse a few times, so I can get away with just using the 1 microfiber insert in it (although when they're clean I usually add a hemp doubler). I also have one of the FuzziBunz Hemp diapers and those are awesome!! You don't necessarily have to buy the FuzziBunz Hemp, you can just buy some JoeyBunz Hemp inserts (since that is what those particular FBs come with), but I have to say that I think the FB Hemp diapers are made slightly differently. The fleece inner seems "stronger" (though still really soft). What I'm getting at is that these are awesome diapers, and they hold up great for overnights (and any time)!

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately DS doesn't do well in PUL, and I'm assuming that the FB are still a PUL outer? 

When I've used PUL overnight, he is red and rashy when he wakes up. Too bad, because it's the easiest solution.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM

Yeah, FBs are PUL outers. That sucks about your LO, but of course you've gotta use what works best!

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 AM

DS sleeps in a Thirsties cover, cotton Mother Ease OS, a newborn GMD, and a Hemp Babies doubler. Most night he'd be fine without the Hemp Babies. 

This is the ONLY nighttime diaper solution that works for him. We tried so many other diapers and combos that he leaked from. His butt sure is big at night but it lasts for 10-12 hours!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Old 02-22-2011, 08:57 AM

Happy Hempies have a stay dry fleece next to the skin. Some people love it for night, some people want all natural. Your call.

We love Baby Kicks One Size Fitteds (our standard diaper) even at night since it is so easy to add another hemp insert as needed. They are all snap and have a huge range of rises.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Old 02-23-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post

Happy Hempies have a stay dry fleece next to the skin. Some people love it for night, some people want all natural. Your call.

Actually, they're available with or without the fleece.  I don't recommend going without though - the hemp gets rough with washing, and that can't be nice against they're sensitive parts.  My Smalls didn't have the fleece inner and I stopped using them before he outgrew them because they just got so rough.  With the Mediums, I bought all fleece inners, and while the outer got rough, the fleece didn't.  I do know some people prefer all natural, but in that case I wouldn't recommend the HHs. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 02-23-2011, 02:58 PM

I would suggest a fleece stay dry cover/pocket diaper with suedecloth inner..stuff with prefolds or hemp inserts for sure :)

User Tag List