Mothering Forum banner

~*~*~Diaper Addicts Anonymous~*~*~

1K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  2much2luv 
#1 ·
Good Golly I need help!!!! let's just say that my stash has grown out of hand and is starting to take over our home....and I have this overwhelming, burning, pleading, yearning desire to buy more right now!!!! I want more fireflies....I think I will want more bottombumpers when she stocks (even though I don't have my january order yet, I expect to like them a lot), I want some very baby basic AIOs to cram into my diaper bag.....I want my elbee number to come up (again), I want anything righteous baby if I can ever get my hands on it on the TP, and I want MORE YARN to get my friend to make me more knitted wool pieces.........

I am also eating way too much cake and pie every day at my favorite cafe despite my desperate desire to fit into all my old pre-preg pants. What is WRONG with me????? Every day I resolve to cut down on the self-indulgence, and I keep ordering new fluff and eating more scrumptuous finnish chocolate.....

Help guys! Remind me that I have a huge stash and should learn to appreciate what I have and leave the rest of ya'll to try all the new stuff and collect the hand dyed hemp diapers I so crave..... my credit card has 700 dollars on it that I am seriously dreading telling DH about......

See less See more
#2 ·
I feel the same way. Only I can't say my stash is too big. We have to wash every other day. But I keep wanting to buy more.

I know what we really like and just order a dozen fireflies yesterday.
I hope they don't come over the weekend. I keep fighting the urge for more cute cuddlebuns from dapper diapers or little-fishy.

And I don't want to sell my SOS or Pinhead to get some more money.
I know some day they will fit DD better and I do like them. And now I am going to have 6 fireflies waiting too. I guess it is time for a serious stash review.

I have been paying cash for everything. Good but bad. Luckily we have a well stocked pantry.

I also can't contain my eating. Only I don't have any yummy treats. We are vegan and I have to bake what I want. So I guess that is good.

I need to come here for addict support. But not read any other threads. I keep wanting to try new stuff. Trolling the TP for FCB AIO's.

Maybe I just need an MDC siesta.
:

#4 ·
Sounds good to me. We can just enjoy what we have for a while.

I just confirmed my order for 13 fireflies and they should be here monday. Ohhhh, I can hardly wait. I couldn't order a dozen then have 13 fireflies. So I went for 14(we have a used one already).

Ordering those bulk really does save a lot on shipping.

But anyway...I like your idea. I love chatting with you mamas but need to stop shopping for dipes. I am resisting the urge to try a nightly newt right now.

#6 ·
Sorry. Those smalls fit Veronica like a custom dipe. She really moves around so much better in a really trim diaper. With her Down syndrome she needs all the help she can get. Those bulky dipes do slow her down.

You can't have just one. I know we will be using them only for daytime use.

But lets talk about something else.

You should learn how to knit. I am making a bag at night when the kiddos are asleep. If little miss would cooperate that is.
: We found a great beginners book. I am using it as a refresher. I learned when I was 10 many years ago.

#7 ·
This is how I got myself under better control: I went through my stash and determined the diapers that truly work well for Anwyn. I decided that these are the only diapers I will buy from now on. Trying a diaper here and there is what really gets me in trouble. I also took a knitting class so that I can work on learning to make my own soakers (although I fear Anwyn will be potty trained before I will actually get around to improving my technique and be ready to take on a soaker!). I cleaned out almost all of the diapers that don't work or that I don't love, so I'm only left with our favorites.

I'm thinking about doing a couple of diaper fairy gifts, and I'm also getting a kick out of stalking for other mamas.

For the chocolate, I can't help you! LOL I'm PMS'ing this week, so I've consumed more cholate in the past couple of days than I have this year to date!

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jmofarrill
This is how I got myself under better control: I went through my stash and determined the diapers that truly work well for Anwyn. I decided that these are the only diapers I will buy from now on. Trying a diaper here and there is what really gets me in trouble. I also took a knitting class so that I can work on learning to make my own soakers (although I fear Anwyn will be potty trained before I will actually get around to improving my technique and be ready to take on a soaker!). I cleaned out almost all of the diapers that don't work or that I don't love, so I'm only left with our favorites.
Yup, that is exactly what I did! Unless something has been RAVED about (like Bottombumpers) I am not going to try here and there as much as I used to. I might order 1 dipe a month from a new WAHM but no more mass orders from WAHMs I don't even know, lol. Not just that but the dipes that I really like are hard to come by so it's not like I can just go off and buy them. With the exception of Fireflies and I have as many of them as I want... for now.

I'm also knitting and that has quelled my need for wool, well, that and having bought a bazillion soakers last month.

Selling stuff helps. I have $100. in my paypal right now and I'm not even tempted by anything right now.

As for the food thing, it's weird, I find that I eat less when I am obsessing for diapers. I do Weight Watchers and I still have about 15 to lose from Stella.

I wish I could understand why this is such an obsession. Elfinbaby and I were talking about it and she said it was like a diaper-demon had taken over her brain. I feel the same way, I want my brain back!

#11 ·
well, I know I won't order anymore diapers for at least 2 weeks - I'm going on vacation :LOL I've been trying to be good and not "sample" like I was doing but it seems like just when I get myself under control, dd does a growth spurt and her dipes just don't fit right anymore so I have to buy new ones. It's all her fault.....wait, step one is admitting you have a problem. {Big breath} My name is Sherri, and I'm hopelessly addicted to diapers - I feel better already :LOL

#12 ·
fwiw, on another board i frequent, i asked if there was a way to give up the diaper addiction for good. everyone responded that the only way was to go prefolds and wraps. i never could go to all prefolds and wraps (can you say boring?), but every time i feel like i "need" to try something new despite the fact that we already have way more than enough diapers i consider it.

#13 ·
Well this is the third or 4th week in a row that I've sent out $200-250 in money orders for diapers plus the $160 in paypal transfers this month.

This is disgusting! I've had some really awesome fluff luck these last two weeks or so but now we have more than enough (4 drawers in a 5 drawer dresser is outrageous) and I can name at least 4 brands of fitteds that are exrtrodinary in our book so I think it's time to stop. I can pick up more of xzy brands but that's it, you know?

It's time to crack down.. this wagon thing isn't working and I'm not trying very hard..

Oh and I feel a major propensity to eat right now too! lol BUT I have a great recipe for 1 point chocolates.. too bad I tend to eat 10 in a day!
:

#14 ·
I convinced myself that I hated fitteds. I snazzed up my prefolds. I also just finished my first soaker. So I'm selling off things slowly as I move to prefolds and soakers made by me.
I am using the money on Sophie's clothing. :LOL I need to squash that addiction next. The girl has enough clothes to wear a different outfit each day for a month without a repeat and its all Baby Gap and Baby Lulu. I need help with that next.
I have paypal right now and I'm finding myself looking for something to buy. I think when my dh comes home with the car I'll go to the ATM with my PP debit card and withhdraw it. I must stop spending..I'm being overtaken with stuff. Just lots and lots of stuff.
I think it's just the thrill of getting something in the mail. Having something to look forward to.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JennInSeattle

Oh and I feel a major propensity to eat right now too! lol BUT I have a great recipe for 1 point chocolates.. too bad I tend to eat 10 in a day!
:
LOL Jenn, I remember when my mom and I were on weight watchers.. we had this crazy recipie for .5 point cookies... the trick is to use something with a ton of fibre in it LOL like flax flour, then overpower the taste with a ton of chocolate

They were like chocolate oatmeal cookies... lol

#16 ·
Man, this is nuts. I dream about diapers, and think about them in the shower and spend all day (off and on ) at working cruising the boards. I guess if i get fired that will fix my diaper addiction!

As for eating... sigh....

When I was BF I could eat ANYTHING and didn't gain an ounce (a novelty for someone who has spent her whole life fighting the batle of the bulge). I dicovered these Vachon Ah Caramel cookies, and my husband called them my crack cookies. I could NOT eat less than half a box at once, even though they were so sweet they made me feel sick. Well BF is long over and I've recently relapsed into my crack habit and have developed exploding butt disease.

eak (eating at keyboard)

#17 ·
LMAO
: eak!
:

prefolds and wraps? NEVER! I don't even use my adorable fluffymail.com prefolds as anything but little towels to catch overactive letdowns,let alone plain ones! And wraps?` I have some alexis wraps that work great but I never use them. I just love my wool so much, and if not wool than one of the half a dozen AIOs I have that are all basically covers with snap-in soakers that can be reused a bunch with various soakers I have before washing.....(how is this an AIO, anyway? Ok, sorry, that's a new thread in itself!)

I think about fluff as I'm falling asleep, have happy goofy smiley sleep where I'm thinking about fluff, and am taking pictures with my digital camera of my fluff either on the babe or lined up pretty against a nice background while my husband tries to talk to me about serious things! I'm a total weirdo.

#18 ·
I've been trying - really I have. I've dyed a bunch of prefolds (they're so pretty now!) and since I haven't yet tried my first wool cover (it's in the mail though) I have been sticking with a few wraps that I have. It's not helping though. I do fall asleep thinking about diapers, I dream about diapers, I had a diaper fashion show the other night so I could take lots of pictures
: Dh thinks I've lost it completely - he just doesn't understand!

TOmomma ~ exploding butt disease?!
I had that when dd2 weaned. While I bfed I ate anything and everything, now that I'm bfing dd3, I'm "trying" to watch what I'm eating but I'm also hopelessly addicted to chocolate :LOL I'll probably have a relapse of ebd when this one decides to wean.

#19 ·
umm, I just realized I was very bad today....

I bought a cover from FMBG, a soaker kit (pattern and yarn) from LTK plus 4 more skeins of yarn (After the Rain, Fruit Loops, and Swamp), and I purchased the Knit In Your Pants Tester Soaker Shorts.

Good thing I'm going on vacation tomorrow... bad thing G-Parents have a cable internet and 4-5 computers...

ETA: IN MY DEFENSE!!!! LOL The cover was a second, LTK has 15% off today, and the KIYP was less expensive since it's a tester! So I didn't pay full price for anything. (look at all the money I saved by buying these items! LOL)

#24 ·
Ok so I just did a straight trade on TDD prefolds which totally rules and is within the budget! :LOL

The worst thing is that I was holding on to the Sattelite bill in case we needed money before we get paid again.. I hate that! I mailed out all my diapering "bills" this morning but not the TV bill!
: Thankfully my husband is at a marketing research firm right now filling out a survey for $75 and now I have enough cushion to send out the Sattelite bill.. my priorities totally stink!

Hmm.. maybe I'll go look at the firefly colors again! :LOL Yep, I learned nothing!

#26 ·
I was just about to report back here.. so I was just folding up almost all of my stash after a major washing stint and realized that between pretty prefolds, fitteds and AIO's (not including covers) I have over 90 diapers not including what's on it's way.. um... one baby in diapers and all in his size... um.... this is a problem!!!

Oh and did you DDDDC yourself? That's hilarious!!! :LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.