Need a new container for wipes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't care to use an empty disposable wipe container for our cloth wipes. Can you help me find a plastic storage container, what do you use? We have one now for DS but for our new baby we would like a second container for where they will be changed. I'll probably change the new baby in DS's room some but would like a container of wipes (I make my own solution) eventually since they'll be in separate rooms. Initially, I'll probably just wet with warm water for a couple months but if I find something now, it'll be nice to have wet wipes for nighttime.

What I have in mind is something like this but I'd like it a couple inches taller to hold more wipes. The width and length though are just right (about 8x4)

http://www.amazon.com/FreshVac-FV1300r-Rectangular-Shaped-Food-Storage-Container/dp/B00156P1PW/ref=sr_1_14?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1300326442&sr=1-14

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#2 of 2 Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't had my baby yet, but I'm planning on using this one (after a friend suggested it). If the warmer doesn't work for me, I'll just keep it unplugged. I'm sure I'll use it at first to see if I like it.

If that doesn't end up working out, I think I may just go with something like this one. The 6.4 qt size is 12"x8" and 5" high. *Maybe* a little big, but that still may work for us. I have a larger one for cat food, and I really like it. It seals nicely, and you can open up only one side and clamp it back down... using one hand. :-D

The Container Store is a great place to look for items like this! If you have one nearby, their staff is SO knowledgeable and helpful and should be able to help you find a great one! :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page