So you rinse a poopy diaper with the sprayer on the toilet...and then what? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I took a break from cloth diapering my 11 month old when I became pregnant and suffered from Hypermesis Gravidarum (didn't have the stomach or the energy to deal with all that is involved in cloth).  Now that I am 8 months pregnant, I would like to return to cloth diapering and for sure use them with the new baby.   Now my dd1 is 17 months old and her poop has changed.  Sometimes, it's a consistency that would not just plop off into the toilet and therefore, it'd need to be sprayed with a sprayer before laundering.

The problem I keep envisioning is having my nosy toddler following me, a baby in my arms and trying to spray off a messy diaper which is now drippy and then needing to transfer it back to dd1's room next door where we store the diaper pail.  I would love to just have a diaper pail in the bathroom but this bathroom is TINY and we don't even have a bathtub, just a stand up shower.  There is no room for a diaper pail.  And even if there was...then I'd have some diapers in the nearby pail and some still in dd1's room where I change her and would throw most of the diapers.

So what do you do after you spray and you have this dripping diaper?  Are you running through the hall with it?  It just seems uber annoying and inefficient and I'm resisting switching back until I can figure out a nice clean and efficient method for dealing with the dipes that need extra attention.

P.S.  Can I throw both babies' diapers in the same load when washing the diapers or should they remain separate? (They will definitely have to share diapers since we have one size fits all).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We had a similar dilemma. I got a small bucket that we kept in dd's room that was used for transporting icky drippy diapers between her room and the bathroom.

Also, yes, go ahead and put all the diapers in the wash together! I would also put my cloth pads in with the diapers.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 PM

Could you keep a pail in the shower, and then just move it out when you're actually using the shower, then put it right back in?
We kept our pail in the hallway right outside the bathroom (we had tiny bathrooms, too). And, yes, you can put them all in together.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:04 PM

how about a wet bag that hangs on the door knob?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm, okay, good ideas.  I'm starting to be able to envision it. thanks.gif

Old 03-18-2011, 03:45 PM

What about getting down and dirty and ringing it out in the toilet with your hands, that way it isn't dripping when you carry it down the hall. I had bought a toilet diaper sprayer, but DH hadn't installed it.. (still hasn't) But I just carry the soiled diaper to my kitchen sink, and use the sprayer there. then I ring it out so it isn't dripping and put it in the laundry pail! Hands can always be washed. Haha!

Ps.. I think using a diaper sprayer would be a lot easier.. I might have to get on that diaper sprayer installation!

Mama to 1 handsome boy born Nov 29/2009 and 1 beautiful girl born May 21/2013 and wife to 1 handsome man, married since Jun 9/2007.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:02 PM

Look what I found!  http://www.pottypail.com/learn.php  I am too germphobic to rinse a diaper in the toilet or to spray molecules of poop all over the bathroom....  But would this be a realistic solution?  I have never cloth diapered but thinking of starting in Aug when my 4th baby is here.  Experienced moms, is this a stupid gimmick or does this solve the germy problem?

mom to three sons and one new daughter born in August 2011
Old 03-22-2011, 03:20 PM

Wash the diapers together.

We have extra prefolds and lay the sprayed diaper on one to carry it back to the diaper pail in the nursery. It holds all the drips and keeps little hands out and big hands dry. I know other people have a decent size wet bag on the back of the door that they use.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

I think I may try a wet bag on the shower bar.  Thanks for the help ladies!

User Tag List