Bummis Super Lite - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any experience with these?  I'm thinking specifically for a newborn.  My daughter was quite small, and I'm looking for something not-too bulky for the first few weeks, to go with premie prefolds or really tiny fitteds.  I found the Super Brites and more so, the SWW to be a tad too ... unflexible for my liking, so the thinness of these seems attractive - not sure how leak proof they are though!  I have thirsty's already.  Didn't like them, but that was where the leg opening was.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 PM

I have one of the mediums for my little 15 lb-er. LOVE it! :D They're very simple to use, priced great, and easy to re-sue because you can wipe down the inner PUL. I usually prefer double leg gussets, but the Super Lites have wide elastics around the legs and waist that really contains messes. The way the elastic is, it makes it very adjustable too. I'm thinking of getting a couple more.

caffix.gif
Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 AM

i like them for my older baby, but i'm pretty sure they wouldn't work too well for newborn poop. i'm against anything without gussets when trying to contain massive runny poops (confirmed during an episode of diarrhea last week). they are a great, cheap, trim, light little cover to round out your stash with, but i don't think i would have them as my only cover. i really aim partial to thirties though.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I guess the search for a good newborn cover is still on.  I really, really did not like Thirsties covers on my daughter. They were fine when she was older, but not for the first few months.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 PM

I am fine with Bummis for older babies, but for my newborn this time around I found that the Prowraps covers worked the best. They are nice and cheap, too! 

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH

User Tag List