Dh threw some of our cloth diapers in the laundry with our normal clothes and detergent! Please help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-23-2011, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And we use regular (Cheers) detergent  for our clothes. I'm waiting for that to be gone to convert to a natural one for our clothes. What I do normally is I have laundry day separate from cd day. That way I can wipe the inside of my wash machine before laundering the cd and I don't mind doing that until this detergent is gone. 

The reason he did that is he was trying to help me out with laundry since we started pl and EC'ing our kids so we have more laundry than usual. As soon as I asked him and he told me it was almost half way through the cycle and he took them out. I'm not sure what to do now. 

The ones he threw in were the fitted and pocket diapers with snaps. What I use to wash them is the Thirsties Prewash and Thirsties Super wash.

Should I do a rinse cycle with just water and then wash them as usual

or should I rinse them by hand to get any detergent out

or just wash them as I would normally? They were expensive and I don't want to lose them. Thanks for any input

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 PM

i would put them through a regular cycle of cold water without detergent, and maybe some vinegar in the rinse, then through them in with the rest of your dipes and wash as usual.

i have cd'd 4 kids in 3 different washing machines, threw them i n with regular laundry, used regular detergent, and never had a problem.

don't worry. your dipes will be fine.

#3 of 3 Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Bremen, I'll do that. I just never had that happen before. Thanks for the reassurance :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page