Cloth (kind of) diapering? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 62 Old 04-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

disposables aren't necessary for night time or for going out.  i always used cloth at those times.  we did, however, use disposables when traveling, mostly because we just didn't know where to store them (and i always felt bad having soiled diapers laying around someone else's house.  

My DD got rash easily, that's why I had to use sposies while out--if I couldn't change her soon enough she would get a major rash.  She was a frequent pooper and pooping into a wet diaper then not changing quickly enough would do it every time.

I also switched to sposies at night at 6 months because she would scream her head off if I tried to change her at night and I don't think the neighbours (or DH) appreciated that!  A sposie would last all night. My daytime system couldn't be boosted enough to last thru the night and I didn't want to pay for a separate night time system.

I think it makes sense not to invest a lot in a CD system till you give it a try and know that you like it and it's working for you.  All kids are different (in terms of what will give them rash, how a certain diaper or cover fits them, and how much they pee)

#62 of 62 Old 04-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherr30 View Post

I think it makes sense not to invest a lot in a CD system till you give it a try and know that you like it and it's working for you.  All kids are different (in terms of what will give them rash, how a certain diaper or cover fits them, and how much they pee)

Oh, do I agree with this. DS has completely different needs than DD. She needed a stay-dry system or she'd get rashy. DS is sensitive to polyester, and breaks out if he's in PUL for too long, so we generally use prefolds and wool. I'm selling off all DD's diapers now, which I thought would work for DS. Lucky for me, his system is far cheaper!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page