HELP how do I get my almost 23 mos old twins to stop playing with their poops? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My twins have been taking their pull up diapers off and would play with their poops during their nap/bed time. We do have video monitor and watch them closely but when I do some household chores that's when they'll become "mischievous". Tonight was the 3 days/nights in a row that I had to clean their beds, sheets, blankets,toys, floor and walls.  It is their 8th times in total from the first time they started doing this.

We have started potty training them but one of them have not yet peed into the potty yet. They're constantly taking their diapers off once I or my DH put them on.  During the day, we noticed that if they used overall, it'll prevent them from taking their diapers off but we are not sure if its safe for them to go to bed in it.

Anyone who has BTDT, what did you do to stop that?

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

it sounds like the clothing option is the best route, though i've heard of people that duct tape disposie diapers on!

i've left my dd nap in overalls with no concerns.

with my dd i need to put a onesie on her to keep the diapers on, but that might not be enough for an older child.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
Old 03-26-2011, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Although I've never tried it, some people put the diapers on backwards to make it harder to take it off, top that with a onesie, and maybe another coveralls to make it harder to take them off. If it still fails, try duct tape(make sure the tape doesn't get on their skin!)

Another option might be putting them to sleep close by where you will know when they wake up(and then you can change them if they've pooped). Are they in cribs or is their room gated? maybe they are getting bored if they can't get out by themselves? Potty training might also help? 

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

User Tag List