ointment? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

'So im new to cloth diapering. My 10 month old had a bad reaction to sposies which made me turn to cloth. Now with the allergic reaction she has to use an ointment to clear up her skin. Will this ruin my cloth diapers? She also had to use nystatin cream along with the ointment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 AM

I would use an disposable liner for a while. I don't think you can ruin the diapers with cream, but it can be a pain to wash it out again. For example I have used Weleda cream without many issues, but even that cream leaves some residu after one wash.

Carma

Old 03-28-2011, 08:22 PM

It depends on the cream. If it contains zinc oxide, definitely use a liner of some sort, since it will ruin your dipes. I have to use Ilex cream on my DS, and that also needs a liner. But there are many CD friendly ointments that wont effect the CDs.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 03-28-2011, 08:49 PM

We've used cloth diapers with our son for about two years now.  For rashes, I use a mix of zinc oxide and hydrocortisone.  I've never found either to stain or "clog" the cloth diapers... for washing, I use hunting detergent. I know that sounds bizarre (you buy it in the camping section of Walmart, for example) but it removes absolutely everything - scents, additives, etc. We've never had a problem :)

Old 03-29-2011, 11:38 PM

I've never had an issue using any cream with out a liner.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 03-30-2011, 12:04 PM

You can use any cream, no matter what, just you a microfleece liner or a couple of disposable ones. If they're microfleece wash them separately from the rest of your cloth diaper laundry, I wash mine with whites.

Jamie: Kinda crunchy, computer geeky, very blessed, attached mama to five
R (4/1997), A (6/2002), B (07/2007), K (06/09) & N (10/17/2011)

Old 03-30-2011, 01:18 PM

Some people will have problems washing out cream of their pocket diapers. I never had issues. I use Weleda, Butt Paste Natural, a German cream named Alverde and organic baby powder and don't use any liners. Everything comes out in the wash. I either use All free and clear or Ecover powder.

User Tag List