Needing a new washing machine, dreaming of a front loading, using FuzziBunz (help!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-31-2011, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We had great success with our top loader when our son was in cloth diapers. We washed daily, sprayed poopy dipes before washing, and used a dry pail. We'd add baking soda to the first wash + a small amount of liquid Country Save, and then wash them again with a small amount of Country Save and the kids clothes, adding a small amount of vinegar to the rinse cycle (Downy bottle). For some reason, I'm having a lot of technical trouble typing this out (my cursor won't go back so I can add to a previous sentence), but I did want to clarify that we not only sprayed but essentially hand washed the poopy dipes before putting them in the washing machine. So the poopy diapers were washed 2x and the wet diapers 1x with soap before washing them with the clothes. :)

We are now moving and have a baby due in May; our new home does not have a washer/dryer, and we've been dreaming about a front loader. We'd been eyeing the Electrolux, but with a new baby, obviously, cloth diapers are going to be one thing that we'll be washing a lot. I've done a search here, and found that people have had success washing cotton diapers in front loaders. We  have a huge stash of bum genius and fuzzi bunz one size diapers, both with synthetic lining and PUL.

J

Has anyone had success with this type of diaper and a front loader? Is there a better one to choose? It seems LG gets good reviews from cloth diapering mamas- at least in the past. Is this still true?

lease help, and please ignore the random letters - I am having serious issues typing this post for some reason! Sorry to write a book....

P

h

P

w

w

r

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-01-2011, 07:06 PM

I have an LG, just a middle-of-the-road model, and have no problem washing all kinds of diapers in it.

Poop goes in the toilet, and then all diapers go in the diaper pail. I do a "rinse and spin" cycle with cold water first (18 minutes!), and then a hot wash/cold rinse, and another warm wash / cold rinse. I use Country Save for the hot wash and usually fill up the fabric softener dispenser with vinegar. The second warm/rinse cycle is nothing but water.

That's it - it's very straightforward. We use a few pockets and mainly prefolds and fitteds.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#3 of 3 Old 04-02-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Good to hear - thank you for the reply!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page