thirsties duo wraps - aplix or snaps? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

was going to buy some thirsties duo wraps for our little one (due in about a month).  just wondering if there's a consensus on which folks prefer (aplix or snaps). 

when we diapered dd (now four) we used a variety of covers (both aplix and snaps) and pretty much liked them both the same.  have never used duo wraps, so i thought i'd ask.  is it really just personal preference or does one work better than the other.

i mostly used wool covers when dd was a newborn, so i'll be using those again, just thought i'd get a couple duo wraps to round out my stash. 

or, i suppose i could get one of each and see which i prefer.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#2 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 08:34 PM

I tend to prefer aplix. I have one snap cover (mother-ease) and I like it well enough (love the performance of the cover) but like that aplix is a bit quicker to put on than snaps.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#3 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 10:55 AM

I'm liking snaps better.  Not only do they last longer, but they are also not as noisy!  I thought I'd love my aplix dipes/covers for night time especially but it's just so loud to undo it irritates me.  Plus my little one is not really a fan of diaper changes and as soon as I open the cover the loud *riiiiippppp* of the aplix wakes her right up.

#4 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 02:55 PM

We have these diapers and they are the favorite in our house. LOVE them! I bought a lot of different kinds and brands at the beginning to see what we liked best and these are the ones we always go to first. I like the aplix better. It's faster and easier than snaps with a wiggly, spinning babe, IMO. We'll have to move up to the size 2 in a few more months and we're going with only these dipes and prefolds and covers.

ETA: Oops, I didn't see you said the wraps. We don't have those. We have the duo diapers. But I'm sure it all still applies. ;)

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#5 of 6 Old 04-03-2011, 03:50 PM

I have duos in both snaps and aplix. I don't prefer one over the other. The only reason I would pick snaps is 1-generally they last longer than the aplix (which I haven't had an issue with with Thirsties) and 2-my toddler can not un-snap snaps but can undo velcro. On the other hand the velcro may allow for a more customizable fit. 

Jamie: Kinda crunchy, computer geeky, very blessed, attached mama to five
R (4/1997), A (6/2002), B (07/2007), K (06/09) & N (10/17/2011)

#6 of 6 Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 PM

I'm using duo wraps on my newborn, and so far I prefer the aplix because it's quicker and I get a slightly better fit. but overall I think it's going to be the same as any other cover, if you generally don't have a preference than one isn't going to be infinitely better than the other. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page