training system comparable to covers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is there a good training pant that is comparable to a cover/flat system? I'm hand washing, so I'd rather do something where the absorbant part is able to be separated from the inner part.

DS is 18 months old and we're using thirsties duo wraps with flats under. He has been pooping on the potty at least once a day for 6 months and recently started holding his crotch and running to the bathroom when he needs to pee. I just can't get those darn covers off in time right now. Something that pulls on like underwear I think would be easier at this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 04:11 PM

There are the simply covers from the EC store ( http://www.theecstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=606 ) that are just very trim PUL and pull on and off, as well as having snaps. Flats fit inside for padding quite nicely.

I recommend the version with snaps, because I got the ones without and they were a real PITA if there was a poop miss. When dd was young, I could change a pee diaper without taking her pants off by just pulling out the wet flat, drying things a bit with a dry corner of the flat, and tucking a new flat inside.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 AM

I second the EC Store's simply covers or if you sew making your own - I'm making some for our upcoming trip to Disney World with our EC'ing 13 month old.

Amy - mama to dd 2/2007 and ds who arrived 2/2010 my VBAC
                  Comfy Cozy Diapers
Newborn Rentals, Military Discount, Free Layaway

14 Day Guarantee - Return diapers if you don't like them

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

User Tag List