Anyone use prefolds to stuff bum genius 3.0? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-24-2011, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wondering about this...we used BG on DS from about 3 mos to 1 year, then had to stop because the inserts were just too full of detergent and everything and he was reacting to all the ammonia in them, his poor little penis got a scab on it and he would wake up crying and was clearly not tolerating it. We tried stripping them and doing all that but just didn't have any luck. Now we have newborn baby girl, and I'm not really in a place to buy new diapers, but was thinking about trying to use plain prefolds instead of the BG inserts. I can't see why this would be a problem. Thanks!!

#2 of 5 Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM

I can't stand microfiber. We stuff with cotton prefolds, Thirsties hemp prefolds, or bamboo prefolds. They all work great. You may want to "strip" your pockets just in case there is anything left in the microsuede - based on personal experience, I would recommend regular Tide or Country Save with some Oxiclean Free, on hot. Both those detergents (and use a good amount - the stuff about using a small fraction of detergent, in my experience and opinion, only leads to issues because the diapers are never getting clean) should get your pockets ready for your dd. Congratulations!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#3 of 5 Old 04-27-2011, 11:41 PM

I use prefolds all the time to stuff our BGs!  Sometimes after I do the diaper laundry I'll be feeling lazy, and so I'll just stack the inserts.  And then DS inevitably grabs the stack and hides them all over the darn house...  But prefolds work great!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#4 of 5 Old 05-01-2011, 06:18 PM

I love using prefolds in my BG's!  I feel like they wash up much better!  I still use the microfiber but prefer the prefolds to the micro anyday!

Congrats on your new bundle!!

#5 of 5 Old 05-02-2011, 01:58 PM

Yep! The Bummis infant sized prefolds fit perfectly. Prefolds in general are much less susceptible to residue issues than microfiber and you can pretty well do anything to them including bleaching and boiling without harming them. Congratulations and good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page