Cloth Diapers at Costco! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-09-2011, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was on Costco.com tonight browsing through the baby section and came across GroVia cloth diaper starter kits for $149.99 (including shipping).  I couldn't believe it!  Cloth is totally going mainstream....first Target....now Costco!  Very exciting!

They also have GroVia Biodiapers, Biowipes, Biopads and laundry detergent.  I didn't know that GroVia had disposable products.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11604714&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|48022|56098&N=4045549&Mo=37&pos=1&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=56098&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC5397-Cat48022&topnav=

#2 of 11 Old 05-09-2011, 08:05 AM

This is wonderful!!!!  Hopefully more and more people are able to see that cloth diapering isn't all about pins and stinky pails!  I know that I always get a horrified reaction when someone finds out that I cloth diaper.  Once I'm able to talk about or show them how much CD'ing has changed they're usually a lot more accepting.

Thanks for sharing!! joy.gif

treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifdp_femalesling.GIFwool.giflotbirth.gifcaffix.gifribbonjigsaw.gifcd.gif

#3 of 11 Old 05-10-2011, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

People just really don't understand what modern cloth diapers are like....I know I sure didn't until I learned about them in Mothering......

If only struggling families knew.

sosurreal09 likes this.
#4 of 11 Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM

I think that's awesome! I found out about CDs on the internet and used them for all three of my kids (so far...hoping for more). It has been so great to have a stash of 25 or so diapers that has lasted through all three. I hope mamas who wouldn't otherwise have known about cloth check them out!

Emily ~ SAHM to E (6), E (4), and M (3). Happily homeschooling and planning a homestead.

#5 of 11 Old 05-13-2011, 04:37 PM

I thought Costco used to (or maybe still does, I didn't check the link) carry Bummies brand cloth diapers online. 

#6 of 11 Old 05-15-2011, 09:42 PM

I really, reallllly hope cloth diapers goes mainstream. I use cloth diapers 100% of the time, even though I live in an apartment with shared washer/dryer. Sometimes I prewash in the tub and then wash/dry in the laundry room, but most of the time, I wash in the tub and hang to dry (got an awesome european style drying rack on amazon.com) Even then, it is easier for ME than going to the store (walking or bus) and taking out the diapers everyday (also a bit of a walk to the dumpster with two little ones in tow)

I can't believe how many people say they have NEVER seen cloth diapers.. everyone at the doctors office, daycare providers we use on occasion... etc. I use AIO's when we're out of the house, just to show people how easy it can be! Use prefolds at home and love them too!

sosurreal09 likes this.
#7 of 11 Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM

Target.com has fuzzibunz! (and others) :)

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#8 of 11 Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Sears.com has a nice variety as well.  

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#9 of 11 Old 06-02-2011, 02:23 PM

thats great! i make a point to change my dd where people can see, and cant wait for warmer weather so she can wear just the diaper under dresses so people can see. it needs to be more mainstream! i even post on facebook to include it. "baby is snuggled in bed, diapers are washed and folded, dishes are done, time to climb into bed with her!" i also try to make BFing and CoSleeping seem more mainstream.

#10 of 11 Old 06-04-2011, 12:26 PM

GroVia does have disposable and biodegradable products. I love them and carry a lot of their product line. :)

#11 of 11 Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 AM

kmart.com and wal-mart.com have them as well. I think kushies maybe?  We returned some baby gifts and used store credit to buy cloth diapers, it was great!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page