When were you able to start using your One Size Diapers? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 08-30-2011, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those lil joey nb dipes ARE awesome. I recommend them to anyone willing/able to invest in separate newborn ones. You can easily use them for multiple babes and/or sell with a great resale value. So if you can swing it, totally worth the initial expense!

Laelle - living my dream life : :, very happily married , and expecting our first : in Aug/Sept. '09 : : :
#32 of 41 Old 08-30-2011, 12:44 PM

I use Bum Genius diapers (one size pocket folds).  We bought them when my oldest daughter was 6 months old and I liked the idea that I could just adjust them as she grew, rather than having to store them (since I was already storing so many clothes she'd outgrown).  When my second daughter was born, she also started using them.  For a time, I had both girls wearing the same diapers.

The only time I couldn't use the BG's on my newborn was for about the first two weeks, before her cord fell off.  There was no way to fold the cloth diapers down under her cord, so I bought disposables for about the first two or three weeks (and gasped at the price, and told my daughter she'd better lose her cord fast so she could wear her cloth diapers!).  Once her cord was gone, the BumGenius diapers fit fine.

Bonnie aka The Koala Bear Writer (mom of Sunshine, 3, and Lilibet, 1)
http://thekoalabearwriter.blogspot.com

#33 of 41 Old 08-30-2011, 02:13 PM

We use Disana Tie Nappies (3 pack for $18)

They are OS and fit DD perfectly at 2 days old.

They also fit my almost three year old when I'm in a pinch. :)

We went with those because I am tired of velcro, snaps, pins and snappis. I just wanted all-natural everything.

#34 of 41 Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 PM

The BG one size weren't a leaking issue for our DD, but a lumpy issue.  They were so voluminous on her that it arched her back when she was laying on her back (which was most of the time when she wasn't slinged on me), so we switched to kissaluvs with covers till she fit into medium size dipes.  Even if you're wanting to go with just one stash, I think you'll find that you'll get a LOT of use out of your one-size by the time you're potty training.  You might want to consider getting some prefolds like has been mentioned - they're very inexpensive and you might be able to pick some up second handed at diaperswappers.com ..  ..  sdfsd

#35 of 41 Old 09-01-2011, 03:42 AM

When my three year old son was a baby, we had some one size Haute Pockets and some one size BumGenius 3.0 diapers. They didn't fit well until he was about 10 pounds or so, I think maybe around 6 weeks.

I sold my entire stash after he was born (which was a large variety collection of many styles and brands as I was trying to figure out what I liked) and purchased a whole new set when was pregnant with our next child. I chose the SoftBums Echo system. They are a one size diaper with a hidden drawstring elastic toggle on each leg. They are truly a one size diaper that can fit a tiny newborn, even a preemie, from birth, and still expand to fit a big toddler! My daughter is five months old now and weve never had a leak due to a poor fit. I love love love these diapers! Plus the drawstring is hidden, so the diapers are much cuter since they don't have those sizing snaps on the outside. I also like that there is a natural fiber option (I prefer natural fibers over microfiber diapers because the diapers don't get the stinkies as easily).
#36 of 41 Old 09-01-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasiya View Post

We use Disana Tie Nappies (3 pack for $18)

They are OS and fit DD perfectly at 2 days old.

They also fit my almost three year old when I'm in a pinch. :)

We went with those because I am tired of velcro, snaps, pins and snappis. I just wanted all-natural everything.

Sorry for derailing a bit...but do you use just the Disana Tie Nappies without any kind of inserts or covers?

#37 of 41 Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesong View Post

Sorry for derailing a bit...but do you use just the Disana Tie Nappies without any kind of inserts or covers?

No doublers needed, yet, and she's 6 months old.

At home she sometimes goes coverless, but is mostly in Bummis Whisper Pants or wool.
#38 of 41 Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM

I loved the Bum Genius 3.0 for DS. As she grew, though, the tabs would fray and her legs would get scratched by the velcro, so we always put shorts or pants on her. She has worn them from birth til now and they are great!

#39 of 41 Old 09-10-2011, 10:43 PM

FWIW hee was a progression of a MEOS on my growing wee one from the ridiclous to a great fit.. We had other one size but for whaever reason this is the only one I have the progression pictures.

at around 2 weeks old WAY WAY too big the whole thing jsut fell right off if you picked her up LOL she was just around 5lbs here..

100_1626.jpg

a month latter it was "doable" as long as we didn't use any other clothes as you can see the bulk was still down to her ankles

100_1865.jpg

here was the same age without the cover

100_1862.jpg

month 3 bulky still but actually looking like a diaper and not a baby straight jacket LOL

100_2142.jpg

sorry nothing for the next 2 months but here is at 5 months great fit.

100_2692.jpg

Wife to DH since August 01 mom to a bubbly girl October 2002 and our newest gal March 2010
#40 of 41 Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 AM

YES!! We PFs are all we use. The Thirsties duo wrap goes really tiny & worked great for us! I honestly think you will pay less for a NB stash of PFs than if you stick with disposables. You can also use the PFs in your pockets if you need a doubler. PFs are my fave :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post

I used my Bum Genius 3.0 when my daughter was around 11lbs.  She was 2 months old. 

To stay "cheap" for the first month or so you could get prefolds or flats and covers.  If you get Thirsties Duos, those covers work on newborns and will last until 6 months or longer depending on your baby.  The flats/prefolds will have multiple uses for when you are done using them as diapers, although you might just keep using them along with the one size pockets.  Thirsties covers have a decent resale, so you'd make some money back off of them.

#41 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 11:14 AM

We didn't start using our one-size diapers until DS was probably about three months old or so. I also didn't want to spend money on a newborn stash that was only going to last for a short time, so I did a newborn cloth diaper rental package through a local store.  I think it was around $75 for 24 size 0 Kissaluv diapers and three covers, and I kept them for the whole three months.

It looks like there are similar packages available online, so that may be worth looking into as well.  I had mixed feelings on the Kissaluvs themselves, but I loved the idea of being able to rent the diapers!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page