So what's the best deal these days for pockets? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DS is already well into the size of diapers that were our main go-too for the long stretch for DD, that fit her from like 6-18 mo. or so, and has been since he was about 5 weeks old! I'm going to need more in the large/20+ lb. range for him for sure. We're totally loving the dozen pocket dipes my midwife gave us (her son is 5 mo. older than mine, they were hand me downs). I only had a few pockets for DD, a couple of PT Fuzzibunz and a couple of other large ones. I really want some more, any brand recommendations?

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My fave are the old happy heiny pockets (doesn't really help you - I just loved the patterns and they fit my kids well).  

I like drybees too as they seemed to fit our girls in both skinnier and not-so-skinnier stages of diaperhood, so kinda size-flexible.  Elastic seemed a bit more snug without rubbing which helped any leaking issues.

I also really like bumwear - they're one-sized, have a really good quality inner lining and fit through potty learning (for us anyway).  They fit especially well for the smallest and largest times I used them, so you'd still probably get good use out of it if you're needing more larger sizes.  I favor those for snapping pockets anyway (the others I have with aplix).  

#3 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was browsing through the history in this forum (because I've been looking for some cheaper pockets for my 2 month olds) and I came across a recommendation for Hugga Buns pockets (8-42 lbs). Never used them, but someone said they were great for the price ($14.95/ea) BUT, in searching for them, I saw they only sell them at the Maine Diaper Company, AND they had some on clearance. Lo and Behold, they are (5 colors) on sale for $8.00 a piece!!! I bought four! Because they're so cheap, they don't come with inserts, but I usually use PFs anyway, and have a ton of microfiber too. Anyway, here's the link if you're interested :) http://www.maineclothdiaper.com/proddetail.php?prod=HB_onesizecover&cat=39

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page