Tinkle traps - custom prefold fitteds? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-29-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't seem to find any threads on these diapers that are newer than 2008.  Anyone recently order any custom prefold fitteds from tinkle traps?  I am torn between those and another brand of fitteds.  The lady is really nice though, so I would love to order from here if the diapers are good.  Thanks :)

This will be my first experience with fitteds btw.  I always used pockets, aio's, or prefolds and covers before.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#2 of 6 Old 06-03-2011, 04:49 PM

I have some tinkle traps that I got used on DS. They might be my favorite diaper ever. I plan to have all my prefolds converted and dyed with them! I had some snaps and some no closure. The no closure was awesome and we had almost no leaks/blow outs. Very trim too. However the snap closure just didn't fit right. I love the velour topper they put on the inside, very soft. ETA I had some serged with the soaker sewn on top and some turned with enclosed soaker. The serged was much better. The soaker sewn on top means they dry faster too.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#3 of 6 Old 06-04-2011, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all the tips!  I have cloth diapered since 2004 and all of her options for custom diapers are overwhelming to me.  I don't even understand a lot of it lol.  Good to know they are as awesome as they are cute. thumb.gif

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#4 of 6 Old 06-04-2011, 12:16 PM

She is still going strong and her diapers are huge sellers here.

#5 of 6 Old 05-18-2013, 03:12 AM

Bump! So excited to have possibly found a cheaper alternative to GMD workhorse or snug to fit. Iam interested in a "premium" size fitted, i think?, because of price compared to sized ones &all the crazy unpredictable variables. Does it make sense? I also recently developed a fear of elastic binding at the legs too tightly. But will premium be "too big" ? I am all over the place lately with my thread searching & really want to CROSSPOST everything in my DDC without rewriting from my terrible memory&brain fog plus tiny phone keyboard. Pretty soon i will have to get everything all in one place. I am just trying to lower my budget as much as possible with compromising "quality" but i am so lost.
Did anyone send Tinkle Traps GMD prefolds&have them converted b/c GMD quality is better? If so, how would u pick the right size? This is so hard for me. I want to go over everything i have read/written& respond to people trying to help me but i get so lost in all the details. I am just afriad of prefolds a bit& stressing over getting the right fitting covers& scared of pul a little. Well, thats all the room i have for now, i feel like i am getting closer yet not. I need to figure this out!
#6 of 6 Old 05-18-2013, 04:00 AM

Searching thru more old threads i found TInkleTraps may be 12$+ dollars each for at least small size. That isnt what i was thinking at all after reading the website saying 8$each but maybe that didnt include necessary options? And if "small" is that price, i imagine premium would be more ormaybe the same? I dont know what i am doing, i dont understand how it all works, maybe i am wasting my time, which feels like its running out& i dont know what to buy. Maybe GMD does have best prices/quality for fitteds? I am considering the snug to fit premium for after newborn size(which i am also unsure of ) & those are 15$ each but Karen @GMD says they will wear out after 1year. It looked like TInkleTraps could fix elastic&velcro so i was moving in that direction...or am i completely wrong&Karen is right in that the diaper itself will be worn out, not just its accessories???? Its kinda a frugality issue for me, but unless i surprise myself with pre folds during the newborn stage, i think i need something else. And on a side note, i guess i will just stuff with doublers/inserts at some point? Which is why i thought the muti size /premium would be good for fitting those in? Or maybe not. Do i sound like i know.what i am talking about, even a little?

And ,again,HOW can i CROSSPOST this is my DDC? Help! I am sorry i need so much help.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page