Diapers from China?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 06-04-2011, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I am looking to buy some cloth diapers for my daughter she is 8 weeks old. In the past I bought some used fuzzy buns for my son on ebay and was pleased with the quality and I of course steralized them well.

Now I been searching for some for my daughter one size and found some called papoose or icute from China that look really cute, however before I buy them I am wondering what the quality is like and if anybody heared abount them and if I have to worry about any toxins or like in the fabric ??

I have a limited budget on diapers at the moment with two in diapers so I am looking to get a good deal, of course a safe deal as well

Any advise is apreciated :)

Claudia wife to Joe since (05/04) Mom to DD (09/05) and mom to DS (11/09) :
#2 of 19 Old 06-04-2011, 11:34 AM

I have no idea of the quality. I have only recently heard of them. Maybe buying used would save you some money. I carry used diapers on my site too under the "diaper" category you will see "gently used diapers" click on that and there is an entire list of the used diapers that I have in stock. I keep the list updated too. :)

#3 of 19 Old 06-05-2011, 11:03 PM

I've never heard of that brand, but I have some Sunbaby diapers from china, and so far (I've only had them for a month) they're working great (and I know a bunch of people who also use them and love them)

rebecca_n likes this.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#4 of 19 Old 06-06-2011, 12:46 PM

I have Sunbaby and Coolababy diapers. I was on a budget when I first switched DS from prefolds to pockets. The Coolababy don't sit as well as a Bumgenius, but it works just as well. It holds up great in the wash. We always double stuff diapers to catch all the pee. The Sunbaby diapers were bought cause they are so stinking cute. They fit well and so far hold up well (in use for 4 months now). If you are on a budget and you want one size pocket diapers, Sunbaby, Kawaii or Coolababy (only solids, don't buy the prints from this company, they leak) is the way to go.

#5 of 19 Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 PM

i have a bunch of 2nd hand coolababys and 1 of them got messed up, the rubbery plastic liner coating stuff ripped and seperated and got a big hole, I dont think i dryed them in the dryer, but i might have, i didnt notice it until i had had them for a while, but they were my 2nd choice over my thirstie covers and prefolds because my hubby likes the pockets better, so i save them for him. I dont know if it was like that when i got it or not. (note: inspect stuff when you buy it) other than that one, i have been very happy with the coolababys. the snaps are strong, they fit my skinny/tall baby well. but i am extra careful not to dry them in the dryer and i wash on warm, not hot.

#6 of 19 Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 AM

We bought some and they seem fine, haven't used them all that long.  However DW was just reading about how they're made in sweatshops and now I feel terrible that we bought them.  :(

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#7 of 19 Old 06-07-2011, 07:32 AM

I have never used a pocket before can you put in a new insert for pees or do you need a whole new dipe?

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#8 of 19 Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

I've never heard of that brand, but I have some Sunbaby diapers from china, and so far (I've only had them for a month) they're working great (and I know a bunch of people who also use them and love them)

I had Sunbaby diapers from China as well that I got off ebay.
They worked well for me, but started to fall apart at the 1 year mark.
I still have the inserts and they still work, so I mean you get your money's worth.

hang.gifMarried to Hubs, DD Miss A (Oct 2008), DS Bubba E (April 2010) knit.gif

#9 of 19 Old 06-20-2011, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I bought some "BabyLand" diapers off ebay. They were insanely cheap with free shipping and they gave me 10 free pocket dipes and inserts with my order of 10 (they were all PINK but DS doesn't mind!). I think I paid $25 for 10 (and got 10 free).

Anyway for what I paid, the quality is ok- I've had one that died- lining seperated. And I find the inserts are a bit too small so I double up anyway. So far they've lasted about 6 months and will probably last a few more. AND I wash them on super hot every other day (60+ celsius). So considering that, I think they're holding up really well.

I'm actually looking to order some more- I don't think I'll order more "BabyLand" ones though. I'll probably try a different brand.

I'd say if you are on a budget, even if they only last 6 months you're still saving  loads. I mean I paid the price of ONE name brand diaper and got 20!

ETA: Just checked my ebay records, they weren't $25, they were $37 + free shipping for 10 (ended up being 20). But still a good deal.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#10 of 19 Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 AM

i have some second hand ones that are what other folks describe and they're fine so far.  my friend also got some through ebay pretty cheap and they're still working fine for them @ a year.

just so you know, though.. i always liked fuzzibunz best of the sized pockets and now they're also MIC..

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#11 of 19 Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Frankly most brand name diapers are made overseas too.  I believe my FuzziBunz are made in China for example.  You do lose some things when you buy non-brand name dipes, like no support from the company in case of issues.  I'd google reviews on particular ones, I think Kawaii and Sunbaby are pretty popular ones but there are others too.  Plus then you can find out what they're like, if you need double the inserts because they're thin, if they run small or big in their sizing, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

I have never used a pocket before can you put in a new insert for pees or do you need a whole new dipe?

You need a whole new dipe because the inside part that touches the baby will have been peed on.

#12 of 19 Old 06-20-2011, 03:15 PM

I've heard good things about Kawaii.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#13 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 01:51 PM

So why do people get pocket dipes instead of AIO? I have only used hybrid dipes Grovia (lasted 8 months rip off and I hate them!) and then Flips so I am genuinely asking here. I know we couldn't afford the AIO that's why we got the hybrids .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola_ View Post

Frankly most brand name diapers are made overseas too.  I believe my FuzziBunz are made in China for example.  You do lose some things when you buy non-brand name dipes, like no support from the company in case of issues.  I'd google reviews on particular ones, I think Kawaii and Sunbaby are pretty popular ones but there are others too.  Plus then you can find out what they're like, if you need double the inserts because they're thin, if they run small or big in their sizing, etc.

You need a whole new dipe because the inside part that touches the baby will have been peed on.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#14 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 02:06 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'd really advise you to buy more used, good quality branded diapers than random unknown diapers, regardless of country of origin, if you are on a budget. The used fuzzi bunz made in the US are much better quality than the new ones made in China. I won't buy them again and seek out used.

#15 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:

So why do people get pocket dipes instead of AIO? I have only used hybrid dipes Grovia (lasted 8 months rip off and I hate them!) and then Flips so I am genuinely asking here. I know we couldn't afford the AIO that's why we got the hybrids .

Easier to clean and dry. With an AIO you can't separate the layers, making thorough cleaning and drying much much harder.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#16 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 08:12 PM

OOOh that makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTA Mom View Post

Easier to clean and dry. With an AIO you can't separate the layers, making thorough cleaning and drying much much harder.

Ami

#17 of 19 Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 AM

I have been using babyland diapers almost exclusively for a month now and have had no problems. I have a toddler an an infant in these diapers too.  I also just got my order in for new diapers from the seller "grape-apple" on ebay. I bought one of those when I was testing each one I liked of the ebay diapers and that one has held up great too.

We were also on a budget with two in diapers. I can't really say for long term wear, but I figure even if they don't last until my third child we still saved money and like a pp said, the inserts will still work so you do get your money's worth.

The two sellers I bought from on ebay were "grape-apple" and "hairworlds" and I definitely recommend them.

#18 of 19 Old 06-23-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:

To a certain extent it's personal preference, like anything else, and it also has to do with what works for your baby.  Some reasons one might prefer pockets:

- easier to clean as PP said

- they dry faster (some AIOs have a partly detached soaker to help with this)

- you can easily adjust how much you stuff the pocket, i.e. more for night time or naps

- they typically have a stay-dry layer against the baby's skin

- because of the layer against the skin you can use absorbent inserts that shouldn't go directly against the skin, i.e. microfibre

#19 of 19 Old 06-23-2011, 08:29 PM

I love the stay dry dipes our flips are stay dry (I'm pretty sure they are MIC...greensad.gif) and they are microfiber too. Before the stay dry dipes DD used to get so red even after one pee.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page