questions in using country save... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I plan on getting Country save to wash my diapers and regular laundry, but i can only find the HE powder detergent. I highly doubt i'm going to have an HE washer (it comes with the apt but isn't here yet, recently moved in). I'm curious if i'm supposed to use the same amount in the instructions or if i'm to use more or less. we will be trying it on our regular clothes first.

#2 of 5 Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

You can use HE detergent in a non-HE washer - just double the amount.  Country Save is a great brand.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#3 of 5 Old 06-06-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

thank you so much. i may just use the same amount because our washer isn't going to be very big. i may have to do multiple days of diaper laundry to get it done, but i don't mind.

#4 of 5 Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM

i use 1/4 of the amount in my HE washer and i rarely have issues, only when the diaper was all bunched up and closed up and not removed from its cover, but what i do is an express wash with just diapers and 1/4 (or less) of the Country Save, without spin, then check diapers, un bunching and spot treating any poop stains from the leg gusstes of my thirsties covers, remove my wet bag, add the rest of her clothes or towels and do a full wash with prewash and extra rinse, with 1/4- 1/2 a scoop of regular Country Save. If its sunny, i skip the stain treatment and do a full wash with just diapers and hang dry.  (my drying rack isnt big enough for a full load of laundry

#5 of 5 Old 06-06-2011, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMamma View Post

i use 1/4 of the amount in my HE washer and i rarely have issues, only when the diaper was all bunched up and closed up and not removed from its cover, but what i do is an express wash with just diapers and 1/4 (or less) of the Country Save, without spin, then check diapers, un bunching and spot treating any poop stains from the leg gusstes of my thirsties covers, remove my wet bag, add the rest of her clothes or towels and do a full wash with prewash and extra rinse, with 1/4- 1/2 a scoop of regular Country Save. If its sunny, i skip the stain treatment and do a full wash with just diapers and hang dry.  (my drying rack isnt big enough for a full load of laundry

technically, i can't do a "full" load of laundry. our washer and dryer arrived today and they are about half the size of a regular washer and dryer. they are also the stacking kind (washer below the dyer). i didn't realize how small they were until they were installed. I know that we will be getting a clothesline type thing so i can hang dry & sun when needed. 

how do you treat your stains? when you can't sun them. I've been thinking about that and am not sure what to do about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page