FB vs. HH vs. Bumkins Pockets - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-08-2011, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I use prefolds and covers but am doing some research on pockets/AIOs.

Anyone have any insight on why one would choose Fuzzibunz versus Happy Heinys versus Bumkins? I know that Bumkins are AIOs rather than pockets, but other than that, are there fit reasons or features that make FB or HH better?

Thanks!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#2 of 11 Old 06-09-2011, 12:12 PM

I've found the FB fit a little bit chunkier babies better.  They don't fit as well on my tiny babies as they do on my friend's bigger babies.  I haven't used HH or Bumpkins, but I like to stay away from AIOs because they take so long to dry and get major stink issues.

Mama to three

#3 of 11 Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM

I have two HH (1 is a large and the other is one-size) and about 5 FB (mediums I think).  I like them both, but the HHs are much roomier than the FB, and fit my chunky toddler much better.  I haven't had leaking issues with either.  I have lots of variety in my stash smile.gif

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#4 of 11 Old 06-12-2011, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

HH fit really big.  FuzziBunz fit sort of big.  I think Bumkins are nylon (?) which I don't recommend.  Also their aplix has sharp edges.  I'm not a big HH fan at all.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#5 of 11 Old 06-12-2011, 12:48 PM

I love fbs but my chunky monkey grew out of the one size by 12 months!  So I just got him XL HHs.  I think the FBs are made better and don't leak.  But I like the velcro of HHs better than the snaps of FBs, bc it's easier to really customize the fit.  FB snaps were digging into his tummy!

#6 of 11 Old 06-12-2011, 07:44 PM

I'm pretty partial to my Fuzzibunz.  I have all sorts of diapers and FB are by far my favorites.  I agree with Nicole730 about staying away from AIO's because of the stink issue. 

I love that FB's are really quick to dry.  I've never had to use my dryer on them, even on rainy days which means they still look and feel almost brand new! 

The only drawback I can see is that snaps aren't great for extra squirmy babies. 

treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifdp_femalesling.GIFwool.giflotbirth.gifcaffix.gifribbonjigsaw.gifcd.gif

#7 of 11 Old 06-19-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post

HH fit really big.  FuzziBunz fit sort of big.  I think Bumkins are nylon (?) which I don't recommend.  Also their aplix has sharp edges.  I'm not a big HH fan at all.

Out of curiosity, why don't you recommend nylon? I have a Bumkins cover for my prefolds, and besides the square, sometimes-jaggy tabs, it's my favorite for fit and containment.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#8 of 11 Old 06-19-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post

Thanks everyone!

Out of curiosity, why don't you recommend nylon? I have a Bumkins cover for my prefolds, and besides the square, sometimes-jaggy tabs, it's my favorite for fit and containment.

I've found nylon gets compression leaking.

Mama to three

#9 of 11 Old 06-19-2011, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Nicole! I've not had that issue so far but definitely good to know.

#10 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 01:20 PM

i have used HH one size, and the sized ones as well as FB sized.

I loved the FB sized, they do fit big (someone recently gave us a large and i don't know that if i bought it i would ever need to go past medium with dd)

it was a long time before the HH sized ones fit dd, i didn't like them, they always leaked out the side.  however, they were hand me downs and an older style that has been fixed, i think.

that being said, our absolute hands down favorites are the HH one size.  i'd really spend the money on those again if i had the chance.  they've held up beautifully (as opposed to our very ratty BG's) and the fit is very adjustable and nice. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#11 of 11 Old 07-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Hmm... I just tried a FB on DS and didn't like the fit at all! He has super chunky thighs and even on the loosest setting the elastic and those stupid buttons leave a mark on his skin. 

shrug.gif

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page