looking for swim diaper or trunks for hefty two year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-10-2011, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm in a rush...I'm looking for a swim diaper or swim trunks for my not-potty-trained 2 year old boy.  

I haven't had him weighed in a while, but he is big, heavy, and muscular.  He is wearing these big toddler prefolds (converted to fitted legs with snaps).  I'd guess he's around 38-40 pounds.  In some clothes, he is almost in a 3T.  Hanna Andersson 100's are only a little baggy on him.  That means that all the typical cute cloth swim diapers I see are most likely too small for him.

Can I get away with something like Gymboree's swim trunks with built in diaper cover (3T)?  Has anyone used these FINIS swim diapers (seeing them on Amazon)?  

I live out in the country and don't want to do a lot of in-town shopping and trying-on.  I'd love to order a swim diaper rather than buy in a store, without paying loads in shipping.

Any WAHM solutions I should know about?

#2 of 6 Old 06-10-2011, 07:38 PM

we use the Imse Vimse swim diaper http://www.imsevimse.us/p-129-swim-diapers.aspx my 25 lb two year old still fits in her size small (11-17 lbs according to them) though it fits as a swimsuit instead of being bloomerlike. the biggest size says 35-44lbs.

there's also the bummis swimmi http://www.bummis.com/ca/en/swimmi.php the XL says 30lbs and up, so it might fit.

I've heard some good things about the iPlay swim diaper, but never heard of the finis before

lots of people use an unstuffed pocket or empty cover, too much clorine can ruin the PUL, so you would want to have a separate one for swimming. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#3 of 6 Old 06-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Bummis Swimmi comes in XL, which should fit.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#4 of 6 Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the help, especially about not using a cover as a swimsuit - didn't know that chlorine would wreck the PUL.

I'm going to go with the Bummis Swimmi in XL.  I'd used a medium for a long time but didn't realize they sold an XL.  I will keep the Imse Vimse in mind, though, since they have that Junior size.

#5 of 6 Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I really like the imse vimse version with snaps on the size. Their largest size would look like it fits

#6 of 6 Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page