How to prep second-hand diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2011, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

Getting ready for the arrival of baby #2, and I need to prep some diapers I've picked up used over the past few months... I have about 10 Kissaluvs fitteds and a half dozen prefolds, both bleached and unbleached.  I'd like to be sure that I'm not starting out with detergent leftover from previous owners.  Everything looks clean, so I guess I'm not worried about that, but more so that I will be putting unknown detergent residues on my new baby.  Would you recommend just stripping them? (Wash over and over in HOT water until there are no more suds?) Should I keep the Kissaluvs separate from the prefolds?  Thanks for your insights!

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2011, 10:27 PM

I think simply washing used diapers once with your own personal choice of detergent is sufficient.

If you're really uncomfortable with the state of your used diapers; sure, strip them. But not completely necessary imo.

=)

Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObbsAndLala View Post

I think simply washing used diapers once with your own personal choice of detergent is sufficient.

If you're really uncomfortable with the state of your used diapers; sure, strip them. But not completely necessary imo.

=)

This!

Although if I put a diaper on the baby and it smelled funny or something after she peed, then I would do more stringent cleaning (add a little bleach to the wash).

Mama to three

User Tag List