excited to start CD'ing! Fave fitteds for NBs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can knit, so I am already hard at work knitting up yummy soakers and longies.  I will get a couple of PUL and fleece covers as well.

I think my diapers will be a mix of prefolds (those Thirsties look nice, but was thinking some old skool Indian prefolds too).    I wanted to go get some fitteds too, I think I will like those a lot, which are your favorite in NB and small?  Onesize seems to be practical but quite challenging for a wee bub, and I want the first couple months to be not too challenging...  I am thinking a combo of:

- Very Baby fitteds

- Swaddlebees

- Sandy's

What fitteds (for a decent price!) did you love on your NB?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 AM

I absolutely loved my XS Sandys.  We tried to do laundry early so I could use those instead of our other diapers.  They contained my DD's messes beautifully and she was a bit of an overachiever in the poop department!

#3 of 5 Old 06-28-2011, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

yeah those do look great and a decent price too!  And what cover did you use?  How many NB fitteds did you get?   

#4 of 5 Old 06-29-2011, 08:32 PM

We used the MotherEase Rikki wrap covers, but I would have preferred to have the AirFlow snap ones instead.  The velcro was very noisy when I was changing her in the middle of the night and always woke her up - she'd jump at hearing the riiiiiipppp sound. LOL

I bought a lot of them from Craigslist and got 3 covers and 20 fitteds.  This was enough to wash every 1.5 days so I'd probably want a few more to go a full 2 days.  30 would probably be a nice round number to not have to worry about running out but since you'll be using prefolds too I'd just get a mix to add up to that many.  Though I will say that I could have probably done with only 2 covers (though most people recommend 4-6 for a newborn).  Because the fitteds really held everything in I only had like 2 or 3 times that some of the poop got on the cover, so 2 covers was enough to have one on the baby and the other airing out after use.  Not sure how good the containment with prefolds is though so you may need more for that.

With the XS Sandys I also tried the Econobum and Flip covers that I had, just to see if they would work and they did.  I don't like the fit over my size Small Sandys and the MEOS fitteds that we're using now though.  I also got some fleece covers which I quite liked and they were nice and soft.  I recommend snap-on ones as it's tricky to pull them up on a newborn (and messy to pull down in case of a poop-splosion).  Mine were these:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildChildforBabies

#5 of 5 Old 06-30-2011, 07:42 AM

I love my Sandy's too!!  My favorite combo is a Sandy's fitted with a Thristies cover!

I've had decent luck with WAHM fitteds too, but I'm really picky about the ones I buy. 

treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifdp_femalesling.GIFwool.giflotbirth.gifcaffix.gifribbonjigsaw.gifcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page