favorite diapers for a chunky baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello.  I'm ready to start cd'ing but am paralyzed by the options.  What are your faves for a chunky baby?  DD is 4 months, 15.9 lbs and 26".  We ec'd her older sister and were out of diapers by 18 mos.  OUr plan is to use the same approach with this one.  Any suggestions?

#2 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 10:49 AM

We make cunky babies around here, too :) We have tried FuzziBunz, Dream Eze, GroVia, BG 3.0 and prefolds with a PUL cover... The verdict: Prefolds & cover. For us, it just seems to be the best fit! I actually gave away all of our other diapers besides our PFs!

#3 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattee Petersen View Post

We make cunky babies around here, too :) We have tried FuzziBunz, Dream Eze, GroVia, BG 3.0 and prefolds with a PUL cover... The verdict: Prefolds & cover. For us, it just seems to be the best fit! I actually gave away all of our other diapers besides our PFs!

same here.

raising my two sunshine children.

#4 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 01:18 PM

I'm in the same boat! DS has super chunky thighs.

I use PFs (he needs premium size, which is like the medium) and covers. We use Bummis super brights (M), and Thirsties- I can't remember what they call them, but the ones w adjustable rise and snaps. With the larger PF his bum is quite bulky so I've been looking for a few pocket dipes for going out.

I got a Fuzzy Bunz because they have the adjustable elastic. However, I don't like how the button on the inside that holds the elastic leaves a mark on his legs. duh.gif

I am going to try a Tiny Tush next. I'll get it on Tuesday and write back w how it works!

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

#5 of 7 Old 07-06-2011, 12:38 PM

I recently did some looking and trying out several different kinds of cds for my chunky thighed DD. I recently tried Flip, BG 3.0, Bright Star Baby and Happy Heinys in addition to what I already had in my cd stash. They all seemed to work well for big thighs but I like the Bright Star Baby the best and the HH is a close second. I really like the Bright Star b/c they are AIOs that fit VERY trim and I have not had a leak yet! Plus they have super cute prints! winky.gif

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#6 of 7 Old 07-06-2011, 02:29 PM

The Tiny Tush worked well. They have a higher rise so there's plenty of space to wrap around the thigh. But they don't seem as trim as the FB. I guess that's the trade-off.

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

#7 of 7 Old 07-06-2011, 09:08 PM

DD has yummy chunky thighs too.  I like side-snapping fitteds for her because I can use a tighter setting on the upper snap for her waist and a lower setting on the lower snap for her thighs.  We are using the Mother Ease fitteds but I imagine any side-snapping ones would work similarly as long as they have two snaps on each side.  Oh, and the Mother Ease Air Flow covers work similarly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page