If you CD and use woolies...(cross-posting in I'm Pregnant) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2011, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what do you dress your newborn baby in? I mean, right after birth. I am planning a homebirth in case that makes a difference. Maybe hospitals wouldn't be too CD friendly so sposies would be the way to go at least while there.

Do you use sposies until the meconium is gone or go straight to the CDs? If you go with CDs from the beginning, do you put the woolies on right away, or do you wait until the meconium is all gone? Is it more messy in the beginning, making using woolies a bit of pain because they would need to be handwashed often?

You'd think I'd know these things since this is my 2nd CDed, woolied, homebirthed baby but I honestly can't remember what I did before. Maybe I just used a diaper and no cover.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM

You can use disposable liners if you are worried about staining. Otherwise if you wash frequently and sun the diapers you should see minimal staining. Are you using prefolds? Meconium shouldn't leak too much because it is thicker. If the diaper fits snugly you shouldn't need to worry too much about leaking onto the wool covers. I am planning to use prefolds and woolies with my next child too.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:43 PM

We just had a homebirth and right after the birth we put our babe in just a fitted diaper and held her skin-to-skin for the first couple of days. Since they go infrequently in the first 24-48 hours, a cover wasn't necessary. After that we put on a wool cover and a little kimono-style t-shirt. 

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not worried about the diapers getting stained. I'm worried about poo getting on the knit soakers. I don't want to have to hand wash them after having just had baby.

Metis ~ Now that you say that, I think I remember putting ds3 in just a diaper with no cover.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

User Tag List