Fuzzibunz HELP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,

I have been using Fuzzibunz diapers for 3 months and they are getting worse and worse everyday. I have been having constant leaks and am not having success with any of the stripping methods that I have found or that the FB support staff have given me. I am frustrated but don't want to throw away the 400 dollars I spent on diapers, plus, I really do want to avoid disposables.

I know we have hard water, but I am not sure how hard. I have done the OxiClean stripping, the Dawn, the baking soda, and just water. I have sun dried, air dried, and dryered them as well. 

Does anyone know what else I can do? And if I get them stripped, then how to do I wash them to avoid this build up again?

Any and all success stories are appreciated!

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 PM

What soap do you use?  The best for me with FB was a hot wash with regular Tide (about 1/2 to 3/4 the amount you're supposed to use), then a hot wash with nothing added.  Once a month (and I'd do this now if I were you) I'd put a glug of bleach in the first hot wash.

We had a lot of problems CDing until we sucked it up and used the most chemical cleaners/bleach!  Then the diapers got clean and my son's skin was happier. 

Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

I have been using Arm & Hammer Free...then the FB peep told me to use Oxyclean and Calgon, so I've done that... they also told me to add 2 cap fulls of bleach and I've done that. I have rinsed them in nothing but hot water 10 times and when I test them, they still repel water. Both the fleece and the inserts. 

Old 07-29-2011, 04:59 PM

Have you tried white vinegar in the rinse? It breaks up the most stubborn surfactants. Also there is Rocking Green Hard Rock for hard water washing. But I use All F&C and I had issues when I tried anything else.

User Tag List