cloth wipes in a wipes warmer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-29-2011, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has anyone done this? is so, how? i got a wipes warmer but now i'm not sure if i can use it. it's a regular one, not specifically made for cloth wipes. I did see one for cloth wipes for sale on Amazon, I believe. Anyway, can I use a regular one without it being an electrical hazard or something? What about mold or mildew?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 8 Old 07-29-2011, 03:35 PM

I did that in the beginning with my wipes. I don't know which one you got but I have the Prince Lionheart with the moisture-pad. What I did was to make sure every time the wipes ran out I remoistened the pad, which was about every two days. I also poured the solution over the wipes directly in the warmer.
Another option to consider is a spray bottle wipe dry wipes. This way they aren't chilly if you are worried about that.
But just check for browning on your wipes or moist pad. If they are browning then you don't have enough moisture in there. I use 24 wipes and 2 cups of solution.
#3 of 8 Old 07-29-2011, 07:21 PM

We used the Munchkin warmer.

Every day or so, we'd wet a bunch of washcloths in the sink and squeeze them out (in one big pack, so not terribly dry).  Then we'd toss 'em into the warmer.

We never had a problem with mold or mildew.  When we went on vacation, we emptied and wiped it out, unplugged it, and left the lid open.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#4 of 8 Old 07-29-2011, 07:38 PM

We used the regular Prince Lionheart one and didn't use the moisture pad that was included since I didn't know what was in it.  I just put warm water in the warmer with a dash of whatever solution I was using (sometimes a drop of dr bronners baby, or another mild baby shampoo) then folded the wipes and put them in.  Sooooo lovely to have warm cloth wipes!  Every time the wipes ran out I'd change the water.  About once a week I'd clean the whole thing out. 

#5 of 8 Old 07-30-2011, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

thanks, everyone. i'm pretty sure i have the prince lionheart. i will try moistening the wipes and keeping them in there. i usually just use plain water, no soap or special solution. i do have a spray bottle of ca baby stuff, if needed.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#6 of 8 Old 07-30-2011, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

this pretty much exactly. I do use a wipe solution some Lu sal botty juice I just fill my bathroom sink and add a cap full of solution to the water then sumurge a stack and wring like the post below. Never an issue we just wipe and unplug when away for extended times. I LOVE my wipe warmer.
his exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post

We used the Munchkin warmer.

Every day or so, we'd wet a bunch of washcloths in the sink and squeeze them out (in one big pack, so not terribly dry).  Then we'd toss 'em into the warmer.

We never had a problem with mold or mildew.  When we went on vacation, we emptied and wiped it out, unplugged it, and left the lid open.

Wife to DH since August 01 mom to a bubbly girl October 2002 and our newest gal March 2010
#7 of 8 Old 07-30-2011, 07:50 AM

We have the munchkin one, I used with DD, it was great.  I would put about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom, a squirt of Kissaluv's Diaper Lotion potion and then put the wipes in there.  If the water didn't soak through all the wipes I would just add a bit more on top.  For wipes, the best thing for me were just pieces of cut up old white undershirts!  Very soft and thin, I could fit a bunch in there.  Every few of those I would have more of a "washcloth" type wipe, for the initial cleaning or bigger messes.  Always worked great with DD.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#8 of 8 Old 07-30-2011, 12:19 PM

We have the prince lionheart one and  love it- I use a dab of organic baby wash and water to moisten and then place them in warmer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page