Best Reusable Diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-06-2011, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So there seems to be a lot of mixed information out there about what are the best reusable diapers. I would love to know which brand and style are the best: no leaks, clean and dry easily, are easy to put on and take off.

Thanks for all your help ladies!

Natasha

#2 of 7 Old 08-06-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm interested to see the responses, but I really don't think you'll find a concrete answer here. The 'best diaper' changes drastically based on your own needs, preferences, baby's size and shape, and budget. Time and time again on here, you'll find that there is no one best diaper for everyone, it's all preference. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 7 Old 08-06-2011, 11:21 AM

I love Flip dipes.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#4 of 7 Old 08-06-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

I'm interested to see the responses, but I really don't think you'll find a concrete answer here. The 'best diaper' changes drastically based on your own needs, preferences, baby's size and shape, and budget. Time and time again on here, you'll find that there is no one best diaper for everyone, it's all preference.

I have to agree with this statement. No one can tell you what is the best diaper system because there is no one system that works for everyone in every situation. Which is why there are so many. It is also why they make cloth trial kits or diaper consultants (I'm one) as well as looking at online reviews and blog posts about particular diapers. But really people can tell you what works for them but I think most will agree that even in some cases what worked with one child didn't work with another.
sosurreal09 likes this.
#5 of 7 Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 PM

I agree that it really depends on your needs.  What works for a chunky monkey heavy wetter will likely be different than a skinny baby that doesn't pee much, etc.  Also if you have hard water, baby has any skin sensitivities (i.e. wool, synthetic fibres, etc) it will make a difference.  Personally I love my fitted + cover system, I have the Mother Ease fitteds which are durable and easy to care for (I got the newborn/XS size and then mostly the one-size fitteds).  But I also like having some pocket diapers for quick changes on outings or when leaving DD with grandma.

I think it's a good idea to get one of a few different kinds to see what you like and what works best for your baby and then get more of that.  Some things that I personally am not a fan of, but I know others love: prefolds (I don't care to have to fold them each time), hybrid systems (like Flip or Econobum, not good poop containment and my DD is a super-pooper!), AIOs (long drying time, can't add extra absorbency).

#6 of 7 Old 08-12-2011, 10:24 PM

Absolutely there is no way to tell without knowing your baby, budget and needs! Also I have a bunch of different diapers that I like for different reasons/occasions. I suggest you do a trial package. You can see what work for you and keep what you like return what you don't! I did my newborn rental through this site and the owner is so nice she's a WAHM. She has trial packages available.

http://itsybitsybums.blogspot.com/2010/04/cloth-diaper-trial-packages.html

#7 of 7 Old 08-13-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I will go ahead and get a trial set and then make a decision based on that.

@Ola_ Personally I love my fitted + cover system, I have the Mother Ease fitteds which are durable and easy to care for (I got the newborn/XS size and then mostly the one-size fitteds).  But I also like having some pocket diapers for quick changes on outings or when leaving DD with grandma.

How do you like the fitted one size? Do they expand well as the baby is growing?

Thanks again :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page