Nighttime tips with toddler prefolds? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-15-2011, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am switching from using sposies at night for my 30 pound and growing two year old DS.  We have some toddler prefolds and covers.  The Bummis covers I bought get really stinky after just one use, and he seems too wet even though I added a fleece liner. I am trying a Motherease cover tonight, but it seems so loose that I'm afraid the trifolded prefold will shift, and we'll have a leak. I really don't want to use snappis at night. Any tips? What covers/liners work for a big toddler? Should I try a different fold?

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#2 of 4 Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

I forgot to mention that I am on a very tight budget. I could probably get away with spending about $50 more for covers that don't stink or other reccommendations. The motherease cover worked last night, though the trifold method is very bulky and he can't sleep with his knees together greensad.gif I'm mainly concerned with him still being a bit too wet. Would another layer of fleece help?

#3 of 4 Old 08-16-2011, 02:58 PM

I highly recommend Thirsties covers.  You can find them used for around $10 shipped.  They are amazing covers.  I've never had a leak get past them (I've been using cloth for 3 years).  At night you might want to add another prefold in the cover to have enough absorbency, or purchase some doublers or inserts to add.  I actually have some inserts that I was going to get rid of if you're interested in them.  I'd be happy to let them go for a bargain if it would help.

Mom of three, wife and author of The Eco-Friendly Family blog.

#4 of 4 Old 08-16-2011, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

I LOVE Thirsties. Unfortunately they run small and he is growing out of the largest size greensad.gif they will not fit the bulk needed for nighttime for sure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page