Fuzzi Bunz OS vs. PS? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-22-2011, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I CD'd my DD as a baby and LOVED Fuzzi Bunz.  Of course, they didn't have the OS at the time, so most of my experience is with the sized diapers.

I'm itching to start a stash for my new baby and I wanted some input about the OS versus the PS. Are the PS super bulky? Are they worth it? A pain to wash?

Any insight is totally welcome! Thanks Mamas!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#2 of 7 Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Nobody?  LOL

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#3 of 7 Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 PM

My only experience is with the OS ( those are the ones with the adjustable elastic?) honestly I really wanted to love them but they leave horrid marks on his legs. They are trim but almost too much so. Sometimes I feel like the rise should be a few more inches. I'm not sure how the PS are.

You may also find a lot of reviews on the Diaper Pin... http://www.diaperpin.com/diapers/itemdetail.asp?id=2103
http://www.diaperpin.com/diapers/itemdetail.asp?id=126

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

#4 of 7 Old 08-28-2011, 06:23 AM

I like the PS better.  The OS is really hard to stuff, especially in the Earth Day diaper.  That one is extra narrow for some reason.  I don't *hate* them, but I like the PS better.  My girl is 19lbs and still in a small (we have Mediums too, but the small look better IMO.  And she's got 1-2 more snaps on the hips before she out grows them.  (depending on what I stuff with!) 

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#5 of 7 Old 09-02-2011, 01:07 PM

We use both, but I think I like the PS better. The OS fit nice and trim, and they adjustable elastics are great, but sometimes the little wing flaps stick out in the front (by the tops of DDs thighs) and it just seems like it would be uncomfortable if I were the one wearing it. The PS diapers last (in size, I mean) for a loooong time IMO. We bought Mediums when DD was 4 months old, and while they were kind of bulky then (she was a pretty chubby BF baby, though) they kept the pee and poop in, and now at almost 2 years old, she can STILL wear them on the 3rd snap in on the legs, and with only one snap visible at the waist!! I find that to be pretty awesome. ;)

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
#6 of 7 Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 PM

We used PS with our older son (OS wasn't created yet) up until he was out of diapers.  We never needed larger than a M, which was awesome.  After prefolds/covers in the early days, the M PS was all he needed. 

Now we use both PS and OS (along with a mix of other dipes) with our youngest and I like both.  I love that the OS has the replaceable elastic.  My initial stash, after being used by 2 kids and being stored for a while, ended up with shot elastic and I couldn't use them (still need to get those to a mama who can sew!).  I like the idea of being able to replace the elastic and get much more use out of the OS. As for fit, we like them both - have no complaints.  

Washing routine is the same.  

Shop at Weedle Weedle for cloth diapers, nursing pillows, swaddle blankets and more!

Free Shipping on orders over $75!  Customer Rewards!  

#7 of 7 Old 09-19-2011, 10:11 AM

I like the PS better. We have a lot of the Mediums and they've worked for a good 6 months on our DD and that's with the snaps on the smallest setting...so I anticipate that they'll fit for quite awhile. They're almost like a OS diaper. When my LO was smaller, we had a few Small hand-me-downs and those fit for awhile, too. I think that the OS would fit a newborn better, because they're narrower, but once the baby gets to about 15 lbs. I like the Mediums better. The crotch is a lot wider and the elastics are snug, but not tight. They just look more comfortable and like a better fit.

caffix.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page