Good place to buy Chinese Prefolds? Or open to other suggestions. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-23-2011, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've always used chinese prefolds and love them, I much prefer the unbleached. I got my infant size, green stitching, from Cotton Babies for a good price, I think $1.50 each. I want to order the Premium, blue stitching now, and they don't have them, and can't find anything at a decent price.

What about Indian prefolds? I know they are softer and are supposed to not last as long, but how long should they last?

I wash usually 2x a week and dry in a dryer. I expect to use these for two kids. Cotton Babies is selling them for $2 each in the size I want.

If anyone can recommend a good store or reassure me about Indian prefolds that would be great.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#2 of 4 Old 09-23-2011, 09:32 AM

Hi,

Not reassurance, but I got Chinese prefolds from Nickie's a while ago and loved them.  Came time to buy a larger size, and all they sell now are indian prefolds... they just never felted up as nicely, to the extent that they're too big to use almost.  I don't know whether it's because they're indian and not Chinese or just because , but I was pretty disappointed.

Best,

Anka

hippie.gifwife to DH, new mom to babyboy.gif 7/4/2011.  femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif BFPChart2.gif cd.gif knit.gif

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have followed me.  They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln. 

#3 of 4 Old 09-23-2011, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Aww, man! That's what I'm afraid of! I love Chinese prefolds, I used them for my older girls, now 10 and 9, and still have many that I've been using as rags for all those years. Unfortunately not enough and not in good enough condition for diaper use anymore, but I used the heck out of them. I really hope I can find some, the green ones are really getting too small.

Guess I'll try calling the diaper services in town and see if they will sell any.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#4 of 4 Old 09-23-2011, 10:31 AM

Wow, it's been about 6yrs since I last had to buy ubcpfs, and a lot of the places I bought from don't seem to be in business anymore greensad.gif  How about here:

http://www.diaperware.com/productpage/prefolds.html#eagle

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page