Cloth diapers for large baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My ds is going to be 5 months in a couple days and already weighs 21 pounds. Though he is in the 98th percentile for both height and weight, he is quite slim. We skipped NB size prefolds and went directly to infant size. He was too big for them at 2 months old and now it is a struggle to get him into the standard size... There is only one size larger in prefolds (and thirsties covers). I realize he may not keep growing at this rate, but assuming that he will be big, what are some good diapers for a large baby?

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#2 of 4 Old 10-01-2011, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ds was 25lbs at 6 months & almost 40lbs when we stopped diapers. The whole time we used prefolds that I made with mother's touch one size covers.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#3 of 4 Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I've never heard of mother's touch covers, I'll have to check them out! Thanks smile.gif

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#4 of 4 Old 10-02-2011, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You may want to look into another brand of prefolds like Green Mountain Diapers since they are shaped differently and also come in more sizes.

My DS was similar in size to yours, but my friends kept assuring me that at some point his girth would stop and even reverse. They were right.  At 6m I was worried that he would outgrow every cover I had. Now, I can put him back in a Thirsties size small (he is a year old and tall and skinny--90+% for height, 65% for weight).

That said, I do have to say that the old style Blueberry Coveralls really run large. I put them on my 30+lb 3yo to try them out, and they fit her just fine.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page