Looking for a nighttime solution - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-04-2011, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 2 year old that is pretty big.  He's 34 inches tall and 32lbs.  He is also a super soaker.  Can I ask if anyone has a toddler that is bigger and what you use for night time?  What is your favorite diaper for daytime?  He's outgrowing covers fast!!!

: :Mama to 4 girls and Michael is here 9/11/09 We love :::
#2 of 6 Old 10-04-2011, 12:58 PM

I have a 20 month old about your son's size. We use a little lions or under the nile fitted diaper with a doubler and a thinner fitted diaper inside of it, inside a Disana wool cover. That works pretty well, although sometimes he will wake up and want to be changed in the middle of the night, and that helps, too! =)

I'll watch this thread b/c he is starting to outgrow the fitted diapers we have, except the under the nile, so I am looking to buy some more.

#3 of 6 Old 10-05-2011, 10:25 AM

My son is still under 30lbs so I don't have advice about the covers in general, but he is a heavy night-time wetter and what finally worked for us at night was adding a hemp doubler (more absorbent than the microfiber ones- and thinner!) with a microfiber (for quick absorption) inside the diaper and then a wool cover over the diaper (we have one by aristocrats).  I have two friends with larger toddlers who have gone the disposable route because their kids outgrew the bumgenius or fuzzibunz or whatever system they invested in.  Such a bummer!  I hope you find something that works!

happily married since 2006 with toddler son (born August 2009) and baby girl (born November 2011).

#4 of 6 Old 10-19-2011, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

we have gone the disposable diaper route at night with him.  He's been known to leak out of those too.

Thanks for the suggestions

: :Mama to 4 girls and Michael is here 9/11/09 We love :::
#5 of 6 Old 10-19-2011, 12:32 PM

I find mother-ease Sandys (they have a large and a Toddler size) with a doubler, and sometimes a hemp doubler on top of that, plus a wool cover, are pretty much bulletproof.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#6 of 6 Old 10-20-2011, 03:57 AM

DD is not your son's size but she is a heavy wetter! I was using fuzzibunz with a microfiber insert and 2 doublers and she was still wetting the bed, ugh.
Someone gave me wool pants and I put them on her over the fuzzibunz and she never leaked again. I can't believe how much they soak up and still are not wet on the outside!
These were just regular knitted pants, not expensive ones that you buy for $40 or $50. It's wonderful not to have that pee smell in bed anymore!
Oh and if you are looking for large covers, try Lite Wraps, I got them from GMD and it said on the description that they run very big but I was surprised by how huge they really are! DD is just going into larges and they are so big on her! They have x-large that is for 30+ pounds. They are only $8 which is a bonus.

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page