Mothering Forum banner

Looking for a nighttime solution

423 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mom2M 
#1 ·
I have a 2 year old that is pretty big. He's 34 inches tall and 32lbs. He is also a super soaker. Can I ask if anyone has a toddler that is bigger and what you use for night time? What is your favorite diaper for daytime? He's outgrowing covers fast!!!

#2 ·
I have a 20 month old about your son's size. We use a little lions or under the nile fitted diaper with a doubler and a thinner fitted diaper inside of it, inside a Disana wool cover. That works pretty well, although sometimes he will wake up and want to be changed in the middle of the night, and that helps, too! =)

I'll watch this thread b/c he is starting to outgrow the fitted diapers we have, except the under the nile, so I am looking to buy some more.

#3 ·
My son is still under 30lbs so I don't have advice about the covers in general, but he is a heavy night-time wetter and what finally worked for us at night was adding a hemp doubler (more absorbent than the microfiber ones- and thinner!) with a microfiber (for quick absorption) inside the diaper and then a wool cover over the diaper (we have one by aristocrats). I have two friends with larger toddlers who have gone the disposable route because their kids outgrew the bumgenius or fuzzibunz or whatever system they invested in. Such a bummer! I hope you find something that works!

#6 ·
DD is not your son's size but she is a heavy wetter! I was using fuzzibunz with a microfiber insert and 2 doublers and she was still wetting the bed, ugh.
Someone gave me wool pants and I put them on her over the fuzzibunz and she never leaked again. I can't believe how much they soak up and still are not wet on the outside!
These were just regular knitted pants, not expensive ones that you buy for $40 or $50. It's wonderful not to have that pee smell in bed anymore!
Oh and if you are looking for large covers, try Lite Wraps, I got them from GMD and it said on the description that they run very big but I was surprised by how huge they really are! DD is just going into larges and they are so big on her! They have x-large that is for 30+ pounds. They are only $8 which is a bonus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.