How do you prep pocket diapers? - Mothering Forums
Diapering > How do you prep pocket diapers?
Sharon, RN's Avatar Sharon, RN 08:11 AM 10-23-2011

I've searched for this info and I can't find it.  I blame baby brain!

I used to use pre-folds and some Mother Ease fitted, which I love, but my 2 year-old doesn't really sit still long enough for that to to work anymore, iykwim.  I bought a few used pocket diapers, which I really like using.  So I decided to buy some new ones, but I'm not sure how to prep them?  With the pre-folds, you have to wash them several times, etc, etc, you guys know what I mean.  

I washed the new pocket diapers twice, hot/cold, extra rinse, which is the washing instructions on the label.  Do you think twice is enough?  I'm not in the mood to wear baby pee today!  LOL

Thanks ladies!!

TiredX2's Avatar TiredX2 07:04 PM 10-27-2011

From my recollection, that should be more than enough.  The prepping increases the absorbtion of the cloth diapers.  With pocket dipes, you dont' want them absorbing anything any way (urine is wicked through the liner to the stuffer and, of course, the outer is waterproof).

HTH

Sharon, RN's Avatar Sharon, RN 06:47 AM 10-29-2011

Thanks Tired!  I used them after washing them twice and they worked just fine. Yippee!  

TiredX2's Avatar TiredX2 10:11 PM 01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon, RN View Post

Thanks Tired!  I used them after washing them twice and they worked just fine. Yippee!  

So glad to hear that!

:)

Up