Favorite Essential Oils to use with cloth diapering - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2011, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am searching for a few new EO fragrances to mask the ungodly ammonia smell coming from my wetbag and to add to my wipe solution.  I currently have been using Lavender and tea tree oil and am getting tired of them both.  I love tea tree for the variety of uses but the smell has been wearing on my very sensitive pregnant nose.

I am a patchouli and sandalwood lover - - would this make for a weird ammonia/patchouli combination??

Any suggestions?

treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifdp_femalesling.GIFwool.giflotbirth.gifcaffix.gifribbonjigsaw.gifcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 PM

It sounds like your wetbag needs to be cleaned. Honestly, I use tea tree oil and lavender oil in my wipe solution, but not very much at all because oil tends to get stuck in diapers and then the smell of pee will never go away. If you are having odor issues, its likely that its time for some stripping (or just one good was with tide, since Im a cheater nowadays).

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I'm more concerned about being sick of the same old smells as I am about the ammonia odor.  The ammonia isn't like a knock you off your feet kinda thing.  I do strip my diapers regularly and a majority of the smell goes away.  I wash my wipes separately from my diapers because I use a bit of baby oil in the wipe solution.  I just want to try something different than tea tree and lavendar. 

treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifdp_femalesling.GIFwool.giflotbirth.gifcaffix.gifribbonjigsaw.gifcd.gif

User Tag List