Best reuse of Gerber prefolds? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-28-2011, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Between the ton I got from my sister, and some my MIL picked up, we have a TON of the not so great Gerber prefolds. They're the kind with poly batting in between two layers of what is basically gauze. I'd like to make some use of them since we have so many. I was thinking of ripping out the batting, sandwiching a few, and sewing flannel on top. Is this the best use for them? Are there any other ways to reuse them that work well? Thank you!

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That;s a good idea.  I use mine as cleaning rags.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 11-29-2011, 02:33 PM

I like them as burp rags. Depending on how much your baby spits up, you can need quite a few. (I have two fountains myself...)

Old 11-29-2011, 04:46 PM

I use them to clean spit-up and other baby goo. I have a few that I also use as changing pads in a pinch. They are also good for housecleaning.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Old 11-30-2011, 01:31 PM

I use mine as diaper wipes with a squirt bottle of homemade diaper wipe solution (water, small amount of olive oil, and a few pumps of baby wash). But I only have a few of them.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 PM

i use them for cleaning rags but your idea sounds great!

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 12-20-2011, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

We need some soakers for our stash, so I decided to make some with the Gerber prefolds. I cut the "wings" of the prefolds off and set aside. Then cut down the stitching around the batting so that I could get the batting out. I used the fabric from the outside of the padded section, and "wings", and layered. You end up with 6 layers of fabric. I pinned the strips, and cut in half to get a 4x8 or so pad. I'm planning on covering with flannel or terry from my stash, so they'll be a bit bigger all the way around.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List