Stomach bug, ACK, Help me get the stink out of these diapers! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-03-2011, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS#3 has the worst smelling diarrhea ever!!  I used a little bleach, still stinky, then vinegar, still stinky, then oxiclean, still sticky!  I use hot water and soak, but I can still smell that awful poop smell, especially on the pockets, HELP! I will try anything.  This happened to me once before with DS#2 and I am pretty sure I eventually went out and got regular dawn and hand scrubbed the dipes, but they no longer make dawn, sigh.

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-05-2011, 05:20 AM

Try stewing them in a big pot of almost-boiling water.  Hot water is the trick.

If you are nervous about it, try calling your nearest cloth diaper service - they may run all your stinkies through a special cycle for a small fee.  (We do - it works wonders.)

#3 of 3 Old 12-05-2011, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

You know, you remind me that once I ran all my diapers (after they were clean) through the dishwasher (something I read here) and really go a lot of stink/build-up out of them.  I bet it is the hot water! I am going to do that tonight!  Thanks!

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!

Tags
Diapering

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page